• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painted my rims

Sanded them, primed them with high heat filler primer then painted, Re sanded and painted them again with high heat gloss black paint.
They came out excellent and I didn't even have to take them off the car. Simply taped off the car, breaks and calibers then placed index cards around the rim to protect the tires.
I plan to light sand once more, paint again then clear coat them.
I was nervous but very pleased with the outcome :)
Flickr.com/unitednsx

My experiences with painting wheels were that they work fine....until you have to 1) get the wheel balanced or 2) replace the tires. Then the paint just starts chipping from the tire horn (yes, I requested plastic horn) and the balance machine.

YMMV

My experiences with painting wheels were that they work fine....until you have to 1) get the wheel balanced or 2) replace the tires. Then the paint just starts chipping from the tire horn (yes, I requested plastic horn) and the balance machine.

YMMV

I could see that being a issue but I guess that what a lil touch up paint would help with ;)

Back