• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Palm Beach Troublemakers.......

Originally posted by robr:
just fyi, to avoid having to play catchup in the future, generally when we are in an NSX convoy and go through a toll booth, everyone pulls over to the side of the road until everyone gets through. becomes even easier if people have club radios.

A great idea, but the genius DOT here in Florida decided to put the Sun Pass lane on the far left. Therefore, if you want to get to shoulder on the right you have cross four lanes of traffic. Not that easy with trucks and whiteheads coming out of the tolls on in the middle.

I do like the radio idea though. Any suggestions?

I already have a Motorola two way radio for cruises. They are great. Go buy one at circuit city or somewhere so next time we can use them. Buy a 2 pack as I'm sure someone else will not have one on the next cruise...... Again, I had a lot of fun. Let's do it often. I'm sure we can figure out a way to get more NSXs on my lawn.

We actually have club radios....the NSXCA Florida chapter has 6 of them and between our members we typically have over 10 at every event. They make events MUCH SAFER and are indispensable at night and in bad weather. We have an FCC license for 464.550mHz and the units we have are at 4 watts. The range is almost 2 miles which is much better than the 500 milliwatt Motorola FRS units. Two of our cars have these radios built in with earpieces and remote talk switches.

If you ever want to use these units, please let me know and I'll either send them down to you or bring them down myself.

FYI we will be doing a track event potentially at Homestead on Oct.6th. Wanna do a weekend bash then?

Wei-Shen

Originally posted by nsx-ray:
We actually have club radios....the NSXCA Florida chapter has 6 of them and between our members we typically have over 10 at every event. They make events MUCH SAFER and are indispensable at night and in bad weather. We have an FCC license for 464.550mHz and the units we have are at 4 watts. The range is almost 2 miles which is much better than the 500 milliwatt Motorola FRS units. Two of our cars have these radios built in with earpieces and remote talk switches.

If you ever want to use these units, please let me know and I'll either send them down to you or bring them down myself.

FYI we will be doing a track event potentially at Homestead on Oct.6th. Wanna do a weekend bash then?

Wei-Shen
Yes! Once again , bravo on your ability to run what appears to be a well organized club!!!
ernest

Beautiful cars. I bet you guys had a fun time.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
A great idea, but the genius DOT here in Florida decided to put the Sun Pass lane on the far left. Therefore, if you want to get to shoulder on the right you have cross four lanes of traffic. Not that easy with trucks and whiteheads coming out of the tolls on in the middle.

Speaking of Sun Pass...

I used to work for the company (Amtech) that did alot of work for the FL turnpike. IIRC, the toll booth gates are supposed to go up even during violation. Of course, if FDOT has a violation enforcement system (dunno if they've "upgraded" since my departure), then I wouldn't risk violating.

Oh yeah, the Amtech lane controller has been tested to raise the gates when vehicles approach at 80mph. This was tested at our "test track," but again, I wouldn't risk it.
smile.gif

I still know some people that are still working on the FDOT project -- heck, my g/f still works there, but not on FDOT.

Anyway, it's rather strange that only one lane is electronic toll collection and it's a dedicated lane at that. Usually, there will be at least one dedicated lane and mixed lanes (i.e. automated toll collection, manual toll collection, and/or electronic toll collection).

Michael.

[/B][/QUOTE]
Who needs radios - Carl and I prefer to catch up to those who have blown through the toll with the Sun Pass - it gives us a reason to bang 140mph!!!
Name and address witheld!

Just to clarify the "actual" events that took place with the South Florida NSX'rs Sunday rally...

1. At no time was the posted speed limit exceeded.

2. A safe and proper following distance was adhered to at all times.

3. Faster traffic was given the right of way.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! If you don't believe this story is true... ask the blind man, he saw it too.

Carl

I just received a post from service manager Brian Payton at Delray Acura. They would like to host all the Southeast FL NSX and S2000 owners at a pre-CART race gathering the weekend of Sept.27-29. They are bringing in Andretti's Champ car. Just a heads up as we will be sending lots of messages out regarding this event in the next few weeks! Note that the following week is the Chin Motorsports track event at Homestead Miami Speedway Oct.6th. There will be TVs in all the pits so we can also watch the CART race happening 12 miles away in downtown Miami (without fighting the crowds) and we can "imitate" the drivers out on the track (since the CART event WAS supposed to be at Homestead originally!).

Wei-Shen

NEWS FLASH...

Guys, I was just contacted by Delray Acura and they have been chosen to host the Andretti Champ car display the weekend of Sept. 28-29. Brian Payton knows our club well and is inviting us along with the S2000 club to a luncheon with music, displays, etc. on Saturday Sept.28 between 11am and 4pm.

The CART trailer will be there along with Andretti's Champ Car. It contains interactive displays, the Honda CART engine, aerodynamic displays etc. They will take free pictures of you in Andretti's driving suit next to the Champ car.

Hope to see all of you there. I will post this message the Southeast NSX list and the Chin Motorsports list as well!

Wei-Shen
94 red/black

Hey FLA NSX'rs...

What time is everybody meeting at Delray Acura on Sunday? If anyone is interested... I'm going out to the Royal Palm Polo Club to fly my R/C Helicopter about 4:00 in the afternoon. Plenty of parking on the Polo field! Just a thought..

Carl

My helicopter fits easily into the red NSX's. I dunno about the white ones. ;-(

Seriously... can't get a damn thing into that car! My girlfriend toted the thing out to the Polo Fields today in her Jaguar. Not much more room in that car either. Sadly, of all the cars, including sport, exotic & luxury... the only "car" that has sufficient space to carry these machines is the C-5 Corvette! I can get 2 full size .60 machines into the trunk, including an overnight bag, cooler, flight box and beach chair. The only other vehicle I've owned with those accomodations was a an SUV! The real problem with the Corvette (atleast mine!) was never knowing if you would make it to the flying field w/o breaking down!

Sorry I missed you guys at the Delray Acura show. I actually went to the show... on SUNDAY! I thought this was the day everybody else was going! Until next time...

I remain trunk space challenged... Carl

Back