• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Palomar Drive: Saturday January 6

To start off the New Year right, I'm planning on taking a drive up to Palomar this weekend, Jan. 6, with some fellow San Diego Acura owners from Acurazine.com. If any NSXers are interested, you're more than welcome. The more the merrier. :D

Here's a link to the discussion thread at Acurazine.com:
http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321050&page=64&pp=25

Palomar Mtn. Run
Palomar Mtn. Run[/SIZE]
When:
Saturday, January 6th Time: 9 am sharp
Where: VONS parking lot, 10675 Scrpps Poway Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92131
CLICK HERE FOR A MAP

This Vons has a very large parking lot, and on a Saturday morning, there should be substantial space to park and meet up. There is a McDonalds, Jack in the Box, and a Carl's Jr close by if anyone wants to grab something to eat in the morning before meeting. And there's a Starbucks right next to the Vons. There's also a Mobil gas station with reasonable prices for anyone that needs to fuel up prior to roll out.

Randy, you know I'm down...let me know your route or what time you should be up to Palomar area and we can just meet up...I'm sure I can get a few Temecula NSX'ers to join me...see you then:cool:

for those in the OC or IE who want to join us, we can meet up at the Temecula meeting spot @ 9:30 and meet up with Randy's group..

Count me in...........as 99% there!

Ramon is joining us for sure....................Mark, where do you guys plan to meet up here?

Last edited:
Wish I could make it, but I'm in Asia right now...I always seem to miss the run. You guys better have another Palomar run soon when I get back. Have fun and be safe.

Randy, you know I'm down...let me know your route or what time you should be up to Palomar area and we can just meet up...I'm sure I can get a few Temecula NSX'ers to join me...see you then:cool:

for those in the OC or IE who want to join us, we can meet up at the Temecula meeting spot @ 9:30 and meet up with Randy's group..

I'm 60% in on this one...Mark, where is the "Temecula Meeting Spot"?

Also, please forgive the newbie...how does the "drive" work? What's the route? etc.

Thanks,

-nick

Randy? Mark? Bring your radio..................we need to BS along the way. Yaahh Mark, where is that Temeucal meeting spot? Can we just do it off of Ortega hway/5 Freeway?

What time do we need to meet?

I might be able to join you guys. Not 100% yet.

Wow...he lives!!! Okay...maybe I'm talking about myself. I'm going to try to make it, but I have to get pre-paid first!!!

Wow...he lives!!! Okay...maybe I'm talking about myself. I'm going to try to make it, but I have to get pre-paid first!!!

Your fellow Kappa Sig bro might be joining us also w/ his M3. He just got done doing lot of upgrade to his ride.

i might go with u guys..

where the OC guys will meet up at?

Your fellow Kappa Sig bro might be joining us also w/ his M3. He just got done doing lot of upgrade to his ride.

Sweet. I'm sure he got the mod bug from living with you and hearing the B&B on the M5 daily!!!

The Temecula meeting spot is at the Starbucks/ Del Taco parking lot on hwy 79 south on corner of Pechanga Pkwy on the right hand side...about a mile east of the 15 fwy(exit 79 south)...

If you guys are comming from OC and want to take Ortega over to 15 plan on leaving by 8 am from Denny's to make it to Temecula @ 9-9:30 am...

Mark,

Thanks for the Temecula meeting location.

Only remaining questions...how long will we be on the drive, and what's the route?

These two tidbits can move my 60% to 100% or 0%.

Thanks guys,

-nick

Mark,

Thanks for the Temecula meeting location.

Only remaining questions...how long will we be on the drive, and what's the route?

These two tidbits can move my 60% to 100% or 0%.

Thanks guys,

-nick

NIck,
we're usually done by noon, the drive can be 1 1/2 to 3 hrs depending on how many routes and stops...you could be home by 1 pm no problem...

Thanks for the info. I'm 99% in (100% assuming the NSX starts - haven't run her for a week, and no battery tender purchased yet). I'll shoot to be at the Temecula meeting spot by 9:30 (Hopefully there's no traffic on I-215 that early Saturday). Bringing a guest to occupy my passenger seat and enjoy looking at your cars.

Looking forward to my first "drive".

-nick

Thanks Mark...............................

RAMON..............forget about cleaning your car, it will get dirty again. See you tomorrow morning at the DRIVE :D

don't listen to him, cal...he is trying to get you lost:biggrin:

it's just down the street from our old pit stop (7-11) on 79 south...

here is a map...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=State%20Highway%2079%20%26%20Pechanga%20Pkwy&city=Temecula&state=CA&zipcode=92592&country=US&geodiff=1

I've got the route set for the San Diego group. I sent a copy to 91 X. Mark, check your PM inbox. Hopefully we can meet up around CA76/CA79, near Lake Henshaw.

See you guys there!! :)

-Randy

Great day for a drive today!!! Had a tremendous, and VERY EXCITING time today. Whew!! Quite eventful for a number of us I might say. I'm hoping everyone got back safe and sound. I'll have to remember to not head up to the Observatory again until after the Spring thaw. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out. :)

I've started up a picture thread in the Picture Gallery Forum. Click HERE for link

-Randy

Back