• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parents, what are the best kid APPS for toddlers these days?

I travel with my daughter quite a bit and I find the iPad a great tool.

I'm looking for some more interactive apps so she can learn instead of just watching movies all the time.

Let's create a good list here. I'll start with what I have:

Sesame Street Monsters 1 and 2
ABC Tracer
Disney Junior
Dora Explorer with numbers

Just curious, what percentage of time does a kid these days spend interacting with a two-dimensional screen compared to three-dimensional (actual) objects?

peak-a-boo barn and i-Tot cards are my two favorites.

thanks will look into those!

Just curious, what percentage of time does a kid these days spend interacting with a two-dimensional screen compared to three-dimensional (actual) objects?

Well for us actually we don't let them watch much TV and the iPad is only a tool used mostly when traveling. Being on an airplane for 4+ hours there is only so much you can do with 3-D stuff before they get restless.

How old is your kid?

We got my son his ipad when he turned one. He's 2.5 now and through the year and half his apps have changed.

Theres the disney interactive books, angry birds, ABC games, shape games. there's alot. I downloaded alot of the disney movies onto the ipad for trips and to keep him occupied when we go to restaurants or anywhere else where he gets bored.

My son learned his ABCs, shapes, colors, using the ipad. We have used the ipad as a learning tool and not a babysitter.

I know its not really related, but are you sure APPS is really a good way for kids to learn and experiment on when they're that young (toddler)? I say give him/her toys, books, etc. pretty sure he/she will be exposed to the electronic world soon enough so don't have to worry about him/her not learning instantly how to use our most up to date technology in no time :rolleyes:

Back