• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parking Ticket...in Los Angeles Airport?

Ok NSX peeps. I got an interesting one for you. I left my car (not the NSX) in one of the airport lots while out of town for a few days. I came back and there was a "Parking Violation" ticket.

Only thing is, there was no parking violation. The guy gave me a no front license plate ticket.

No the big question, on a private lot, can a cop cruise around and hand tickets out?...(at least I think the airport lots are private)

It's only 30 bucks, but I wanted to pose this question to see if anyone knew the scoop on the LAX parking lots. public...private...etc etc.

Cheers.
Ed

If the lot is posted as having the CVC enforced, you are likely out of luck.

But....more importantly, I would write a letter to the LAX management, LA mayor, what have you and complain about coming there to fly out and upon returning finding a BS ticket for no front plate. I would make a huge stink over that stuff. Write to the local paper too. That is just plain BS.

they do it to everyone at lax. parking or driving through. this is a parking trap for no front plates. it has been that way for years.

Meter Maids here in San Francisco give out tickets for no front license plates.:mad: They also give out tickets if your front wheels aren't turned in the proper direction even if you're not parked on a hill I was waiting for a taxi the other day in front of my building and counted six (6!) Meter Maids on my block at the same time. It's all about revenue...

If the lot is posted as having the CVC enforced, you are likely out of luck.

But....more importantly, I would write a letter to the LAX management, LA mayor, what have you and complain about coming there to fly out and upon returning finding a BS ticket for no front plate. I would make a huge stink over that stuff. Write to the local paper too. That is just plain BS.

Not to sound too noobish...but what is CVC enforced?

And thanks for the feedback guys...was just wondering because...if its been going on for a while then I guess i have been lucky and should just move along. :rolleyes:

Ok NSX peeps. I got an interesting one for you. I left my car (not the NSX) in one of the airport lots while out of town for a few days. I came back and there was a "Parking Violation" ticket.

Only thing is, there was no parking violation. The guy gave me a no front license plate ticket.

No the big question, on a private lot, can a cop cruise around and hand tickets out?...(at least I think the airport lots are private)

It's only 30 bucks, but I wanted to pose this question to see if anyone knew the scoop on the LAX parking lots. public...private...etc etc.

Cheers.
Ed
Santa Ana is like LAX too, in that they gave my car a ticket for no front license plate as well, and this on a parked car with it's nose in, meaning the "parking lot enforcer" actively checked the noses of each car. This was the lot at Main Street Mall.

Total chicken sh*t practice if you ask me.

The ticket didn't make it very obvious, but in the fine print, it noted that the particular civil code violation for no front license plate (which the ticket noted VERY clearly had the same $86 penalty as no plate or registration) was considered a correctable violation with an associated fee of $10.

Yes, I'll get it fixed and pay the $10, and NO!, I won't be going to Main Street Mall, or many other Santa Ana businesses anytime soon.

Not to sound too noobish...but what is CVC enforced?

And thanks for the feedback guys...was just wondering because...if its been going on for a while then I guess i have been lucky and should just move along. :rolleyes:

OOOPS, sorry California Vehicle Code.

Could be worse...

81217235.jpg

LAX is notorious for license plate tickets, so is Marina Del Rey & Hollywood. I got fed up with it and installed the SOS Hidden license plate bracket. So anytime I park or drive into LAX or Hollywood areas I put that sucker down.

They will even sit right at the end of terminal one on the side and you drive in without a front plate....Blammo, lights and all.

Cruising the lots is easy money for em. They do it there and at the beaches as well. Lotsa money to be had and very little effort on their part.

Front plates are a must now in So Cal in my opinion. It's just easy money for them, and if you are out past dark it's PC to pull you over and give you a hard time.

I've heard of LAX parking enforcement giving out no front plate tickets. This is first I've heard of a mall parking lot doing the same.

It makes me wonder how bad our state $$ is being handled that parking enforcement at local malls are being directed to generate revenue in this chicken S**T way.

Santa Ana is like LAX too, in that they gave my car a ticket for no front license plate as well, and this on a parked car with it's nose in, meaning the "parking lot enforcer" actively checked the noses of each car. This was the lot at Main Street Mall.

Total chicken sh*t practice if you ask me.

The ticket didn't make it very obvious, but in the fine print, it noted that the particular civil code violation for no front license plate (which the ticket noted VERY clearly had the same $86 penalty as no plate or registration) was considered a correctable violation with an associated fee of $10.

Yes, I'll get it fixed and pay the $10, and NO!, I won't be going to Main Street Mall, or many other Santa Ana businesses anytime soon.

Back