• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

part number mystery

My local Acura dealer is stumped. Look at the photos below. I need the little label that says "Shift Lock Release" and note that it has a slot cut in it where you stick the key to release the shifter. The other photo shows what the dealer order for me...no text, no slot, even the corner radius cuts are inconsistent. Any idea what the correct part number is? Is this even orderable anymore? Thank you
Note: click on photos to enlarge

Attachments

• NSX Shift Lock 1.jpg
    NSX Shift Lock 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 114
  • NSX Shift Lock 2.jpg
    NSX Shift Lock 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 123
Mystery indeed. That IS the correct Part Number.

Sorry for the news.

LarryB

If that is the correct part number then have Acura order it again. If the wrong item arrives again you can PM me and I'll see if I can find the right item for you :smile:

2 things

this isn't a peel and stick item,, maybe there's an adheasive cover that you have to remove and the print is underneath?? Or,,, is there another acura/honda using the same decal?

ac

Sorry to tell you but that is the correct part. I have an 05 and I have the black piece you ordered in my car. Thats how it came from the dealer. The curved edge side faces the driver (left) I have never seen the one in the picture. Maybe they only made it for a short time on a specific year. There is no slit in it because you just slide the whole piece over with your key. The trim around the shift handle is also different as well.

Update - I should have been more clear...the photo showing the shifter and label with text is from an early NSX. My car is a 2001, but I have yet to find a photo of the automatic shifter in a late NSX. So, HELIJOE, or anyone else with a late automatic NSX, can you take a pic of your Shift Lock Release area, so I know what my car is supposed to look like?
I don't quite understand your description of a "sliding part". The part my Acura dealer provided in the photo is sticky-back...once its installed, the key hole is covered permanently, that is not an appropriate solution! Thanks.

I checked out the blowout pictures and judging by them I thing this label you are looking for is a part of the escutcheon console, that thingamajiggy around the gear lever.

P/N 54710-SL0-A61ZA

It's pretty expensive IMO and don't have the US prices but I would guess it's somewhere around $70.00

(Information above is based on a 2001 AT NSX)

I have gotten 2 wrong parts before from Honda with the correct part numbers on the outside label.

1.) Front bumper frame (they put an older 1991-2001 frame in a 2002+ box)
2.) Factory Door Piece (they put a passenger side in the driver side box)

Human errors.

Helijoe - have you had a chance to take that photo yet?
Thanks.

Back