• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parts from Japan...Need suggestions:

Well I have bought and installed dual-arm side view mirrors directly from Japan. While I was adjusting my passenger mirror to proper positions(inward), I noticed it kept popping out!.WTH!...After some time wanting to complain to the body shop, it finally crossed my mind that no one did anything wrong..atleast not on purpose. The mirrors were, ofcourse, made for right-handed drivers in JAPAN! The threaded plastic poles on the backing of the mirror(passenger) does not extend out far enough to adjust to the proper angle, as the driver side (right side) naturally does not need to be. So far I have no problems seeing what is 3 lanes away from me, and the houses while I pass them. Worst is I can't see the dam curb when I park, and I feel curb-rashes coming if I don't get any ideas soon. :(

Attach a small parking mirrors on them.
Well I have bought and installed dual-arm side view mirrors directly from Japan. While I was adjusting my passenger mirror to proper positions(inward), I noticed it kept popping out!.WTH!...After some time wanting to complain to the body shop, it finally crossed my mind that no one did anything wrong..atleast not on purpose. The mirrors were, ofcourse, made for right-handed drivers in JAPAN! The threaded plastic poles on the backing of the mirror(passenger) does not extend out far enough to adjust to the proper angle, as the driver side (right side) naturally does not need to be. So far I have no problems seeing what is 3 lanes away from me, and the houses while I pass them. Worst is I can't see the dam curb when I park, and I feel curb-rashes coming if I don't get any ideas soon. :(

Attach a small parking mirrors on them.
Ya I thot about shaping a smaller piece of glass and plating the back for reflection, but it's the attaching part I can't figure out. "Double sided tape"? lol..prolly not that good of an idea. Or did u mean replace the actual mirror? If so, ho idea how to even find or attach the rods that screws in the gearing.

Back