• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Passenger window does not roll up.

Wondering if anyone has experience this issue of give me some idea on how to fix it.

The windows was working fine. I was working with the driver side window and after removing the window module and testing back and forth and etc. My passenger window would not roll down. It will roll up but will not roll down. I tried with the master switch and passenger switch and either of them will roll the window down. Driver side is fine, just the passenger side is giving me a problem. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Your post is a little confusing. Can you please clarify?

Did you check to make sure you did not lock the windows on the Master Driver switch?

Did you trying pushing up the window while pushing the switch? (This wil be much harder if the window is fully recessed into the door. You will have remove the passenger door panel to test this)

Using the Master (Driver switch):
- Does the Driver window go up? YES
- Does the Driver window go down? YES
- Does the Passenger window go up? [????]
- Does the Passenger window go down? [????]

Using the Passenger switch:
- Does the Passenger window go up? [????]
- Does the Passenger window go down? [????]

Did you check to make sure you did not lock the windows on the Master Driver switch?

I chuckled reading that ... was at a car show 2 years ago and decided to put both windows down as I pulled into the parking area. The driver's side went down but not the passenger side ... I immediately was so bummed, thinking it had failed when I looked down at the switch & realized that i had locked it with the switch on the driver's side ... what a relief!

It is good to laugh at yourself ever once in a while...

The switch is in the on position.

- Does the Passenger window go up? YES
- Does the Passenger window go down? NO

I hope this clears it up. :)

The switch is in the on position.

I hope this clears it up. :)

I tried with switch in on and off position.

One silly question maybe...but how can your passenger window go up without ever reaching the top?...I mean...if it can't go down..there should be a time that it can't go up anymore because it has reached the top,right?

So now, your window is blocked in its higher position and you can't move it, right?

I suggest you to directly power 12V in the motor plug to see if it moves.
if it moves, then you have a conection problem
If it doesn't move then you probably have jamed the cable because the regulaotr pastic thingy part broke, this can only happen if you have a 91 to 93 model.

With the passenger side window, I think the problem is usually with the driver's side power window switch - it's the one that gets the most use (wear).

Try this - slap the power window switch around a little. By this, I mean sort of cup your hand slightly and give the driver's side power window switch area nine or ten hard slaps (don't break anything). This slapping around frequently causes the driver's side power window switch to straighten up and fly right, at least temporarily. If it works, you know that the driver's side power window switch needs attention or replacing.

I have never tried this myself, but I have read that you can take the door panel off, take the switch out and clean up the contacts, which are usually all that is wrong - the contacts need cleaning. At a minimum, you might try to spray the contacts with some contact cleaner.

Last edited:
yeah my window switch went bad for the passengerside also.

I took the switch unit apart cleaned both switches with 3500 grit sandpaper and put it back together and it worked perfectly.

Back