• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

passneger side brake light and trunk release

my passenger side brake light isnt turning on for some reason. the running lights work but when it should get brighter when i brake, it doesnt. what do you think could be the issue? i have relpaced bulbs and everything.

second issue, since i have purchased the car the trunk release button doesnt work when i try to release the latch so i always have to use my key. im not sure if the button doesnt work or if the automated release mechanism isnt working. any ideas?

thanks in advance!!!

it the socket..... take the bulb out and look inside the socket you will notice its corroded. happens to all of them.

while your at it take the bulbs out of all of them and get a small knife or exacto knife and scratch the copper till it nice and shiney again.

will fix it.

goodluck

- - - Updated - - -

:edit also FYI in the owners manual it tells you how to check for this. and there is a search botton at the top or the NSXPRIME main page since your NSX is not the first to have this issue in 20+ years.
dont be scared to try the search button is very friendly, though it never works for me, I go to google and type my question but add... NSXPRIME to make it search
this may be just my computer though.

Last edited:
it the socket..... take the bulb out and look inside the socket you will notice its corroded. happens to all of them.

while your at it take the bulbs out of all of them and get a small knife or exacto knife and scratch the copper till it nice and shiney again.

will fix it.

goodluck

- - - Updated - - -

:edit also FYI in the owners manual it tells you how to check for this. and there is a search botton at the top or the NSXPRIME main page since your NSX is not the first to have this issue in 20+ years.
dont be scared to try the search button is very friendly, though it never works for me, I go to google and type my question but add... NSXPRIME to make it search
this may be just my computer though.

Tried to cleaning. Ended up fixing my reverse lights but still no brake lights

Back