• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PDF files, can i make them editable?

I have a few documents in PDF format that i'd like to be able to fill out and email. I can't get a decent speed connection to watch youtube videos for help and i havent found a solution searching google. I see there is help available creating editable PDF's, but i dont see anything showing me how to make a PDF i recieved editable. Any help?

I think the OP is looking to create PDF's with editable fields, not take a protected PDF and edit it.

Instructions here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5962294_create-pdf-editable-fields.html

I'm trying to do the exact opposite of what you said. I got some pdf forms emailed and I can't fill them in electronically. I don't want to print, fill them out, then fax them. I need to make the forms writable so I can fill out the forms and email.:)

I'm trying to do the exact opposite of what you said. I got some pdf forms emailed and I can't fill them in electronically. I don't want to print, fill them out, then fax them. I need to make the forms writable so I can fill out the forms and email.:)

Look around for "PDF Password Remover v2.2"

If you have the full version of acrobat (not just the free reader version), there is a tool called "Typewriter" in the Tools dropdown menu. This allows you to type text directly on top of your PDF document in a variety of fonts and sizes. I use it extensively for exactly the purpose you describe. Allows me to fill in PDF forms without the whole printing nonsense.

It is a little tricky to get things lined up, but you can click on your text and delete it if you need to.

If you have the full version of acrobat

You can also OCR a pre-existing PDF. It's up in the tools menu somewhere. It's pretty awesome. You can then edit anything in it, copy it to word, etc. Works like magic. Only in full version though I would assume.

Or you could go low-tech and print it and then scan it back in with the OCR option enabled. Again, full version only I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
If you have the full version of acrobat (not just the free reader version), there is a tool called "Typewriter" in the Tools dropdown menu. This allows you to type text directly on top of your PDF document in a variety of fonts and sizes. I use it extensively for exactly the purpose you describe. Allows me to fill in PDF forms without the whole printing nonsense.

It is a little tricky to get things lined up, but you can click on your text and delete it if you need to.

This is the best answer. You can also create forms that allow others to fill in information where the rest of the information is locked down from editing. Long story short, you need Adobe Acrobat Pro (the full version) for all of the functionality. The reader is just a reader.

Foxit Reader has a typewriter tool for this specific purpose, and it's free. There's even a portable version.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m9a9kCn5Bx0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's exactly what I said. You want to take the PDF forms you have, and make the fields editable. That's what the link I sent will let you do.

I'm assuming the PDF is not password protected or locked (where you cannot print, or edit it). If that's the case, then you'll need one of those other tools to first get rid of the protection on the PDF.

The files are not password protected from what i've seen. Im offshore now and bandwidth here is slow. I will try what i can from out here, im thinking we dont have a full version here anywhere. Thanks alot guys all the post have been helpful.:biggrin:

Foxit doesn't work on a mac. I guess i should have specified that. Does anyone want to convert them for me, bandwidth here is terrible.:smile:

Last edited:
i use this site to convert word documents. http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

Just a side note....

pedophile_9f5546_923439.jpg

Back