• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pedal positioning

Is it just me or is the placement of the pedals in the 97 nsx not ideal? I have trouble heel/toe driving. It seems the brake and gas pedals are too far apart. Heights are fine, I just need a wider shoe! Or wider pedal. I saw some aftermarket race pedals (autovation) and was wondering if these helped. Hard to believe Acura made the pedals too far apart when everything else is pretty tight together. I like the idea but I am not crazy about drilling on my pedals, as the car is all stock. Thanks.

Last edited:
Good idea, I think if the gas pedal was wider I would feel more comfortable. I could care less about the bling factor. I wonder if the rubber pad will come off of the gas pedal, so if I drill the holes, I can cover them back up. I was checking out the Razo also.

Yes you slide the plastic cover off the gas pedal and drill thr metal plate underneath. If you wanted to remove the autovation cover later, the OE plastic cover would slide back on and cover the holes.

Really no need to do anything more than the accelerator pedal.

Is it just me or is the placement of the pedals in the 97 nsx not ideal?

Not just your '97, same with my '94. Literally have to dislocate my right ankle to heel / toe. Most likely my technique is FUBAR, but it seems like I really have to twist my lower leg to even come close to a proper heel / toe position.

Last edited:
Larry,
Thanks for the link! I will now have 3 sets ordered. I ordered some from Ebay that were cheap, and I am sure they will be junk. That was a late night purchase. Then I found some made by Sparco that are "universal fit" so I am not sure how they will work. Looks like the ones from SOS are made for the NSX. They will probably work the best.

I just cant figure out why they made the pedals so far apart. I wear a size 9.5 and can put my foot between the gas and brake pedals, barely touching the pads.

Larry,
Thanks for the link! I will now have 3 sets ordered. I ordered some from Ebay that were cheap, and I am sure they will be junk. That was a late night purchase. Then I found some made by Sparco that are "universal fit" so I am not sure how they will work. Looks like the ones from SOS are made for the NSX. They will probably work the best.

I just cant figure out why they made the pedals so far apart. I wear a size 9.5 and can put my foot between the gas and brake pedals, barely touching the pads.

I am pretty sure the SOS set is Autovation. mmm...9.5, well I wear a size 7, I can put both my feet between the pedals:):):). I installed the Autovation set about 15 years ago when I was tracking my car.....

Science of Speed won. They fit way better than the universal Sparco pedals. Install instructions are very good. I had to use a longer screw on the gas pedal for the place I wanted it. I wish they were anodized black. I may remove them and spray them black if they dont blend better after seeing them for a while. I didnt install the dead pedal as it was the same size as the OEM one and I didnt want to drill any holes that would always show if I removed the pedals. Thank for the guidance guys!

Please excuse the bad photo and the fact that it is upside down!!

20170910_174714.jpg

I'd buy a cheap rivet gun and have them riveted into place. Mine come loose frequently.

Even with self locking nuts?
Yes. Though not often. But, sometimes they do get loose.
What a pain in the neck to tighten for someone one size. I suppose you can use lock tite. I like rivets.

I had bought the NA2 NSX-R OEM pedal set to fix the issue but the accelerator pedal's linkage is different from the one on my NA1.
Too bad!

I saw a set of the NSX-R pedals on ebay and they wanted a small fortune for them. Now, if Irma will move out the way I could road test them.

Back