• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Per-Event Track Insurance Becoming Available

I have no affiliation with this company and have not tried them but after reading recent posts about people worrying over lack of HPDE insurance coverage I figured I would share the info and let everyone decide for themselves.

If someone does try them I would hope that we could get some feedback.

Los Gatos, CA (July 29, 2008) – Pukka Software, creators of MotorsportReg.com, and Lockton Affinity today announced the industry’s first comprehensive insurance program for high performance driving event participants. The HPDE Insurance Program, available exclusively via MotorsportReg.com, provides an a la carte, single-event policy designed to provide affordable physical damage coverage to cars used in performance driving schools at race tracks across the United States.

“Many automotive insurance policies now exclude coverage for non-competitive events at motor racing facilities,” said Pukka Software founder Brian Ghidinelli. “The HPDE Insurance Program allows enthusiasts to participate in exciting high performance driving schools without risking the vehicle they drive every day.”

The HPDE Insurance Program, administered by Lockton Risk Services, offers an agreed-value insurance policy providing primary coverage for incidents in the paddock or on the racing surface whether the vehicle is being driven by the primary driver, co-driver, or instructor. After-market modifications are covered and claims will not affect participants’ street insurance rates or claim histories. $10,000 of damage coverage can be had for as little as $67. HPDE Insurance Program policies are sold online and can be obtained as quickly as 5-10 minutes.

“Car enthusiasts have been asking for an affordable means of insuring their vehicles at driving schools for years,” said Ryan Staub, Producer at Lockton Affinity. “We partnered with the most widely adopted event registration service to make this coverage easy to acquire. By offering the HPDE Insurance Program during the registration process, MotorsportReg.com event organizers will tap into additional participants who could not previously join in the fun.”

The HPDE Insurance Program is initially available to attendees of non-competitive driving events hosted by BMW Car Club of America, Porsche Club of America, Audi Club North America, and Triangle-Z Car Club. Other organizations wishing to have their programs approved for the HPDE Insurance Program should contact Lockton Affinity.

Please visit http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/hpdeinsurance for more information or to purchase an HPDE Insurance Program policy.

Last edited:
Back