• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax

Use them and love them.

No, I just buy them at the local auto body/paint supply stores. I figure it's as good a deal as any place. A bottle lasts me quite awhile.

Use the same wax. Love it. I love 3M products in general. For black cars it is, IMHO, the best.

Jeff

If you're looking for info on detailing, I'd recommend browsing 'detailcity' and 'autopia' forums. The amount of info on these sites is incredible.

rjp said:
If you're looking for info on detailing, I'd recommend browsing 'detailcity' and 'autopia' forums. The amount of info on these sites is incredible.

I agree and spend a lot of time on those sites. In addition, this forum is just getting started and may be worth watching. While the forum is new, the site is not. The home page continues to be a great place for DIY articles.

I been active in the car show community in the east coast for a long time now and I swear by 3Ms products. I even use their products on race cars. It allows for ease of removal of rubber from tires and road debris from the body panels. I've used other products but I think 3M is by far the simplest and best resulting line of products when it comes to maintaining that showroom quality finish. :smile:

I spent 12 hours or so on my car this past weekend. It is a red '92 and had substantial swirl marks, I used Menzerna Intensive polish, Menzerna Final polish the 3M swirl reducer for dark cars and then a couple of coats of Soverain carnuba wax. For 13 year-old paint, the finish and shine is phenominal. No swirls at all under any light condition or at any angle.

Going to need to see some pics :biggrin:
Rotary, cyclo or PC?
I keep trying to find a polish better than Menzerna and I keep failing.

KSNSX said:
I spent 12 hours or so on my car this past weekend. It is a red '92 and had substantial swirl marks, I used Menzerna Intensive polish, Menzerna Final polish the 3M swirl reducer for dark cars and then a couple of coats of Soverain carnuba wax. For 13 year-old paint, the finish and shine is phenominal. No swirls at all under any light condition or at any angle.

How do you like that Menzerna? I was looking at getting their Final Polish II but noticed that you used 3M S.R. after it. I am assuming that means that the SR is less aggressive and leaves a smoother finish. If that is the case I will stick with the 3M stuff, but if not.....

Can you post your experience with the Manzerna products you used and what types of pads you use.

Specifically I would like to know:
What paint problems were you trying to solve with what products
How much polishing marks were left
Ease of application/removal

TIA.

Jeff

Paul.
I've PM'ed you on my opinions of the Menzerna that you sent me.

pt91 said:
Going to need to see some pics :biggrin:
Rotary, cyclo or PC?
I keep trying to find a polish better than Menzerna and I keep failing.

I used the Einszett Metallic Polish last night on my roof and I've found my new best friend after trying, in this order: the 3M products, my old stand-by Zaino (still like it for the wife's pearl white MDX but not my Midnight Pearl NSX), the complete line of Detailing Dynamics products, Mezerna IP, and then my new new favorite Einszett Metallic Polish (not the one with the wax in it), followed by a layer of $12 a can Meguires #16 carnuba wax. I've spend hundreds of dollars on wax products and closing in on a hundred hours on the car's paint but this works for me on my color for my application.

Each case is different and my old 92 Red / black NSX looked fantastic (see Michael's post of my old ride here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49501)with Zaino but it did not work well for the midnight pearl.

Just my $0.02

I am glad the 1z pro polish worked for you. It's like you have come full circle with products. With all the hours you have put in with the PC you are probably:
a) becoming a detailing master
b) getting biceps of steel
c) making your wife and neighbors think you have lost your mind
d) killing time until you get your rotary
e) finally able to relax

I am glad you found the routine and products for that mysterious midnight paint. Still looking forward to some drinks and detailing later this summer.

Back