• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Personalized license plates

jwc

Registered Member
Hi,

I just bought an NSX and was thinking of putting personalized license plates on it. Can anyone think of a reason why it would be a bad idea to put the first initial and my full last name on the plate? My phone # is unlisted in the phone book. :confused:

Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

John

I thought about personalized plates once upon a time then I just decided to keep it simple.. In my opinion your just making it easy for someone to remember your plate number..

Good Luck!

i had INDYPWR on my lexus sc300 before i switch to nsx.

I thought about personalized plates once upon a time then I just decided to keep it simple.. In my opinion your just making it easy for someone to remember your plate number..

Good Luck!

I've had vanity plates on my car for 8+ years now. It always makes me wonder why people tell me "...it will be easy for someone to remember your plate". So what? What are they going to do? Break into my garage and steal my car? How do they know my garage does not have an alarm and if I have a firearm or not? :tongue:

About four months ago, I was driving my E60 (non-vanity plates) and some guy behind me got mad at me (he was coming off a hwy ramp and did not yield to me). I looked in my rearview mirror and he was giving me the 'finger', etc. He started to take several pictures of my plates with his phone camera. I just laughed. What is he going to do? Come to my house?? :rolleyes:

Hi,

I just bought an NSX and was thinking of putting personalized license plates on it. Can anyone think of a reason why it would be a bad idea to put the first initial and my full last name on the plate? My phone # is unlisted in the phone book. :confused:

Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

John

One thought: try http://www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php
Phone numbers don't have to come from a listed number as I found out.:smile: Let us know what you find. Are you on the grid?

I have a reason. It's a waste of money. Why not put something more creative on your plate that expresses something about you?

Sorry. I don't mean to be so harsh, but give your plate more thought and have fun w/ it.

I don't mind vanity plates, but I don't see the wisdom in putting your name on it. Maybe just paint your name on the door or the B pillar like racers do! :wink:

I've had a vanity plate on my NSX for many years. I've always stayed away from putting my name on it though. I was recommened not to because if someone up to no good with you see's your name and decides to follow you, they may get out and call you by name and your more likely to turn around or investigate if someone calls you by your name. How about if your significant other(wife/gf) is driving and she gets out and someone says 'Hey Ms. so and so' and she hesitates and then something bad happens????:eek:

Back