• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PFC pads for Brembo GT

I have been using PCF01s for my Brembo GT (Lotus) on the front for about three seasons and love them. Just decided to switch to the 06 compound as they are an "endurance" pad and are suppose to be within 4% of the friction of the 01 but last much, much longer. I read one review that said they lasted twice as long as his 01s.

FYI: Purchased them from discounthawkbrakes.com for $252.00 and free shipping which is a bit less than the 01s I had been using.

Will post a review later. :smile:

Jim

I have never used ued the pfc pads.

I am currently using Raybestos ST41 pads. I really like them.
I have tarox caliprs on all 4 corners. I
have used the Carbotec panther plus pads.
Tarox 501 and 601 and Raybestos st43 pads but like the Raybestos st41 pads the best.
They hold up relly well and are are very fade resistant and are rotor friendly.

Not sure if the Raybestos are available for your caliper?

oh well.

Later,
Don

I have been using PCF01s for my Brembo GT (Lotus) on the front for about three seasons and love them. Just decided to switch to the 06 compound as they are an "endurance" pad and are suppose to be within 4% of the friction of the 01 but last much, much longer. I read one review that said they lasted twice as long as his 01s.

FYI: Purchased them from discounthawkbrakes.com for $252.00 and free shipping which is a bit less than the 01s I had been using.

Will post a review later. :smile:

Jim

I'm curious how they work out for you. Please let me know. I've been running PFC01's for the past three years as well and never take them off. They work perfectly fine on the streets cold and and have decent rotor wear.

I'm curious how they work out for you. Please let me know. I've been running PFC01's for the past three years as well and never take them off. They work perfectly fine on the streets cold and and have decent rotor wear.

What pad are you running for the rears?

Perfect!! I'm also planning on running the XP8. I'm still OEM calipers F/R. Still burning through a set of Hawks right now, but the 01's are in the workshop patiently waiting to be installed...

I run xp-8s on my rear oem as well.When I run out of my ferodo's for my brembo fronts I will have to try the pfc-01.

Well, just got a call from discounthawkbrakes.com that they were "special order" and I would have to buy a minimum 50 order set. :confused: Then why do they have them on their website???

I think I'm going back to Hawk DTC60s - $190 from Tirerack. Part# HB194G.570 (2000 Lotus Esprit --> Brembo GT kit). That's $100 a set cheaper than PFC01s.

Last edited:
Perfect!! I'm also planning on running the XP8. I'm still OEM calipers F/R. Still burning through a set of Hawks right now, but the 01's are in the workshop patiently waiting to be installed...

I didn't think they made PFC01 for the front OEM caliper :confused:

What pad are you running for the rears?

I run Carbotech XP8's on the rear with stock calipers. They last a very long time and are pretty easy on the rotors both on the track and street. I used to run XP10's on the front when I had stock front calipers a few years ago. That combo stopped incredibly well, but since the rotors were so small, I would crack the front rotors after 2-3 weekends at my local tracks.

I didn't think they made PFC01 for the front OEM caliper :confused:

They do!!!!:biggrin: I ordered them directly from PF. I was originally interested in the PFC06, but they told me they'd have to run 50 as well...

The PFC01's are: 0503.10.14.44 ($169)

I also have a set of PF CarbonMetallics which are: 503.20 ($69)

I'm still debating going with a track setup and a street setup...trailer is the issue. In the meanwhile, I'm collecting pads...:rolleyes:

If I can be permitted a slight hijack, What offsets do the wheels need in the front for the Brembo kit you guys have? I assume you need 17" rim, and that they won't clear the 16" OEM rim? I currently have a set of Advan 17x8 +37 for street and am looking to get Enkei 17x8 +45 for the track.

They do!!!!:biggrin: I ordered them directly from PF. I was originally interested in the PFC06, but they told me they'd have to run 50 as well...

The PFC01's are: 0503.10.14.44 ($169)

I also have a set of PF CarbonMetallics which are: 503.20 ($69)

I'm still debating going with a track setup and a street setup...trailer is the issue. In the meanwhile, I'm collecting pads...:rolleyes:

If I can be permitted a slight hijack, What offsets do the wheels need in the front for the Brembo kit you guys have? I assume you need 17" rim, and that they won't clear the 16" OEM rim? I currently have a set of Advan 17x8 +37 for street and am looking to get Enkei 17x8 +45 for the track.

That's cheap, the PFC01 for the Brembo GT pad are $280. Almost makes me want to go back to my OEM calipers in the front and sell the Brembo GTs.

The Advans should clear. The Enkeis I know will clear because that use to be my track wheels.

Last edited:
I'm using Carbotech X-10's all around with Brembo GT's.
ABS delete kit and Tilton bias valves.

Love them.

They don't kill my rotors and the stopping is amazing.

I am curious. Does anyone have part numbers for the front brembo lotus OEM pads or the cobalt friction pads? CF website does not show this.

.so bump.I finally got around to sizing pads for my brembos.The pfc01 pads are better than the ferodos for both track and street.They handle the heat better on track and dust less on the street.Only issue is cold squealing,but I can live with that.

Back