• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix Caravan to NSXPO 2015 on 10/08/2015

-
Recommend that you guys stick around on Sunday and join the NSXTRA! group drive...

morning social meet and then running some epic mountain routes

Last edited:
Less than 2 months away :smile:

1) OyATL - Mike
2) Joboy77 - Joe
3) David J - Dave
4) Teej - Jhae Pfizzle +1
5) Ansible - Alan. Might be Alan in NSX + Carole in TSX
6) mblomquist - Mark (Tucson)
7) thatoneguy247 - Westin +1
8) maybatch2000 - Vivek
9) prym8 - Jack
10) 4cruzn - Tyson
11) shern - Stephen
12) mugen_kid - John +1

1) OyATL - Mike
2) Joboy77 - Joe
3) David J - Dave
4) Teej - Jhae Pfizzle
5) Ansible - Alan
8) maybatch2000 - Vivek
9) prym8 - Jack
10) 4cruzn - Tyson
11) shern - Stephen
12) mugen_kid - John +1

Just me.

Well...So far there are only two of us in NM that have stated they are going, I made reservations for Wednesday the 7th so I will be heading through PHX on Wednesday. If anyone is leaving then I would be happy to meet up.
Blackhorse: I am having repair work done at Science of Speed Oct 5 and 6th in Chandler and will be leaving Phoenix on Wednesday headed for CA. Would like to caravan with you if possible.
Frank ODonnell
[email protected]
540-819-5235

Blackhorse: I am having repair work done at Science of Speed Oct 5 and 6th in Chandler and will be leaving Phoenix on Wednesday headed for CA. Would like to caravan with you if possible.
Frank ODonnell
[email protected]
540-819-5235

The Phoenix group will be leaving Thursday morning if you wanted to hang back a day and drive out with us.

Frank ODonnell
[email protected]
540-819-5235

Frank,

Sounds great, there is another NM driver that will be with me also. I figure we would be in PHX at about noon to 1300. We are looking at a couple of options out of PHX. One is just stay on I-10 all the way, the other is to jump off I -10 towards Parker and go through Twenty Nine Palms.

Nice to have another for the trip!

Chris

For the rest of us leaving Oct 8th, we need to decide what time we want to leave. Travel time w/o traffic suggests 4 hours. However keep in mind that this is a week day morning so traffic getting to the meet up spot could be interesting for all of us regardless of which location we originate from. For Joe, I am guessing it would be more beneficial for you to intercept us somewhere along the 303/ I-10 intersection unless you really wanted to drive east first, then back west.

Last edited:
If you folks in Phoenix wish to split super early on the 8th, I'll grab a hotel up there the night before (I'm coming from Tucson).

Looking forward to the logistics. No hurry, though. We are still 3 weeks out. :)

Dave in Tucson

- - - Updated - - -

The NSX 2-way radio link is here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/191593-Do-you-have-a-NSXCA-club-radio

Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Folks using the "NSX freq" might chime in here.

Last edited:
If you folks in Phoenix wish to split super early on the 8th, I'll grab a hotel up there the night before (I'm coming from Tucson).

Looking forward to the logistics. No hurry, though. We are still 3 weeks out. :)

Dave in Tucson

- - - Updated - - -

The NSX 2-way radio link is here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/191593-Do-you-have-a-NSXCA-club-radio

Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Folks using the "NSX freq" might chime in here.

We plan to leave early but not super early. But early enough that you should grab a hotel up here on the 7th! Looks like Palm Springs is approx 4 hours from central Phoenix. But we can get more specifics as we get close. We'd love to have you make the drive with us. A few others are coming from down there as well.

I have 2 open rooms if anyone wants to crash the night before we leave. No need to pay for a hotel unless you really want to.

I am still planning on attending. But I still don't know when I can leave thursday am. Hopefully the same time since a bunch of NSXs is quite a sight!

Maybe you already know.. there is a bridge out on I-10 by Joshua Tree but it looks like the delays are pretty short. Another thing is beware of speed traps for 20-30 miles after Blythe.

I think I found a good meetup spot on the west side. How about the Chevron on the corner of N 99th and W McDowell?

- - - Updated - - -

We lost a few :(

1) OyATL - Mike
2) Joboy77 - Joe
3) David J - Dave
4) Teej - Jhae Pfizzle
5) Ansible - Alan. Might be Alan in NSX + Carole in TSX
8) maybatch2000 - Vivek
9) prym8 - Jack
10) 4cruzn - Tyson

I'm still in, and stoked to get rolling. Say the word on where and what time.

Also, I have an extra Baofeng radio, earphone and charger if anyone wants to use it for the drive out and back. I've never used these radios, so I have no idea how they perform.

Dave in Tucson

The Baofengs are quite good radios. I picked up the UV82HP model, in part to play with it, and in part so that we'd have a second HT for the nsxca frequency (my wife and I are taking separate cars to NSXPO). I've been using it for the past few days to access the local talknets, both from the house and from my car. Good transceiver, solid build quality.

I think I found a good meetup spot on the west side. How about the Chevron on the corner of N 99th and W McDowell?

That looks like a good location. Are we going to try to get all of the groups heading west on I-10 to meet? I think Jhae was trying to coordinate but maybe we should post something in their sections. I'm assuming everyone from the South/Southeast will probably take I-10 and pass through Phoenix.

Keeping tabs. I may need a ride depending on what happens that week with work and all. My NSX is pre-shipped to NSXPO. :)

NSXmas - 1

Not too late to add your brother as a guest ;)

- - - Updated - - -

First post updated...

Going:

1) OyATL - Mike
2) Joboy77 - Joe
3) David J - Dave
4) Teej - Jhae Pfizzle
5) Ansible - Alan + Carole in TSX
8) maybatch2000 - Vivek
9) prym8 - Jack
10) Nsxmas - Frank
11) Dyno Dave - from DC
12) unagijones - Sam

We are meeting at the Chevron at 99th and McDowell at 8:30am, Thursday Oct 8th. We will leave the Chevron at approximately 9:00am. Please PM me or Teej(Jhae) for our cell number just in case you are running late.

Chevron
1615 N 99th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85037

Thanks...Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike, you can scratch me off the list for this caravan - I need to get out to Palm Springs a day early to help with setup. I'll be driving out on Wednesday 10/7.

See you guys there!

Hello Phoenix Owners. I will be driving down with two other NM owners on Wednesday. They are going on to the event on wednesday. I will be staying in Phoenix Wednesday night and hooking up with the group Thursday morning. I will be staying at Alma School and the 60. If there will be a meet Wednesday let me know. I am pretty good with the Phoenix area.

Hello Phoenix Owners. I will be driving down with two other NM owners on Wednesday. They are going on to the event on wednesday. I will be staying in Phoenix Wednesday night and hooking up with the group Thursday morning. I will be staying at Alma School and the 60. If there will be a meet Wednesday let me know. I am pretty good with the Phoenix area.

I know Dyno Dave is planning on staying in the area as well Wednesday night. I will suggest he stay near you which will make it perfect. Then I can scoop you both Thursday morning on our way to the rally point. I live off of the 60 a few exits before Alma School.

- - - Updated - - -

Keeping tabs. I may need a ride depending on what happens that week with work and all. My NSX is pre-shipped to NSXPO. :)

NSXmas - 1

Flying into PHX?

I've changed the meetup spot. Chevron is just too cramped for over a dozen of us. New meetup spot is Cracker Barrel in Goodyear.

We are meeting at the Cracker Barrel on N Litchfield Rd, Thursday Oct 8th at 8:00am. We will leave at approximately 9:00am. Please PM me or Teej(Jhae) for our cell number just in case you are running late.

Cracker Barrel
1209 N Litchfield Rd
Goodyear, AZ 85395

Thanks...Mike

Back