• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phone Call Quality (2nd Gen)

Hi all,

I still don't seem to have access to the private owners forum so I hope it's okay to post this here.
Looks like the honeymoon period is almost over and I'm getting to know the real car.

The few people I've talked to while driving on the phone have complained that the voice quality is unbearable. Apparently the "s" sound gets really muffled and the end of every sentence is also a bit muffled making it very hard to understand me.
This is a bit of a deal breaker for me cause I take a lot of phone calls in the car. Is everyone having the same issue? Is there any fix? I'm going to drop it off at the dealer and ask them to fix it.

I have not had any issues with your concern(s) but then again I have taken maybe 4 calls in the car. The one issue I did have was that my phone kept answering in private mode vs bluetooth... I had to hit the private button to change.

I have not had any issues with your concern(s) but then again I have taken maybe 4 calls in the car. The one issue I did have was that my phone kept answering in private mode vs bluetooth... I had to hit the private button to change.

That's good to know Vic. Do me a favor, ask the next person you talk to next time you're in the car what the voice quality is like. They might just be being polite and not complaining. You still have the same phone number as back in the mbworld days? If so I'll txt you my number and maybe you can call me next time you're in the car to see :)

That's good to know Vic. Do me a favor, ask the next person you talk to next time you're in the car what the voice quality is like. They might just be being polite and not complaining. You still have the same phone number as back in the mbworld days? If so I'll txt you my number and maybe you can call me next time you're in the car to see :)

trust me, my friends will be the first to complain if my bluetooth audio device sounds like shit in a car that costs as much as the NSX or even more.

I don't have any problem, indeed, the quality is good, better than other cars ... my wife and kids haven't complain. :)

No complaints from folks I speak with from the car - I’m on an iPhone X.

Glad to hear it. I was really worried for a minute there this is something I'll have to deal with for 3 years. I'm going to drop off the car next week when I pick up the user manual for them to take a look at. Thanks guys.

Any idea how I can get access to the private forum? I suspect the answers to many of my questions can likely be searched there.

Welcome and congratulations.

No quality issues with bluetooth calling in the car.

My calls in the NSX are way better than in my Infiniti.

My calls are quite good as well, have taken quite a few calls in the NSX and everyone has been able to hear me well

To be clear, the problem seems to happen mostly when connected with Apple CarPlay. It's actually a lot worst than I thought.
I took it in and the dealer blamed it on interference with my dash cam. They claimed that when it was turned off they didn't have any issues.
I've had the dashcam unplugged all week and it's exactly the same as before. However! I will say that FM stations do come in better now with the Dashcam turned off, so that's something.
I'll have to take it back in again.

I've not had any issues with mine at all, and I've been running a dash cam (Blackvue) for several months now.

I can barely understand what people are saying, and they can't hear me. Happened yesterday while I was on the phone with Sergio on my way to drop of my car of again for drivability issues.

I figured Id post it here instead of wasting a thread, sorry Trez!!!But lets say I get in my car and drive and need to make a call; I use my cell to hit my contact and hit send but it goes into private mode (rings on the cell handset only) in the car until the call is connected. This is annoying as I dont use the Nav screen to access my phone book but instead like to use cell to initiate the call. In all and I mean all my prior BT cars, if I use my cell to start the call it will ring via the speakers and be connected in the cabin. But here in the NSX I have to wait for the call to connect to someone or a voicemail and then I still have to hit the transfer hot key on the screen.What am i missing here??

EDIT: I found a thread on this and no one has an answer because its not reparable or adjustable. What a sad feature or lack of one that comes in the lowliest of cars.

Last edited:
I figured Id post it here instead of wasting a thread, sorry Trez!!!But lets say I get in my car and drive and need to make a call; I use my cell to hit my contact and hit send but it goes into private mode (rings on the cell handset only) in the car until the call is connected. This is annoying as I dont use the Nav screen to access my phone book but instead like to use cell to initiate the call. In all and I mean all my prior BT cars, if I use my cell to start the call it will ring via the speakers and be connected in the cabin. But here in the NSX I have to wait for the call to connect to someone or a voicemail and then I still have to hit the transfer hot key on the screen.What am i missing here??

EDIT: I found a thread on this and no one has an answer because its not reparable or adjustable. What a sad feature or lack of one that comes in the lowliest of cars.

Its funny, since my apple carplay phone call quality sucks I've been using my airpods mostly and I actually really like this feature cause I don't have to bother switching back to the airpods this way. But I can see why that's annoying for you. I think Acura looks at this as a desirable feature in case you want to avoid using speakers. Too bad Siri is completely non-responsive most of the time through car play cause I would say you could place your calls that way. Which is another complaint I have I guess. Siri sucks in this car. I think I just have a faulty carplay.

I hate this!!

If you use an iphone, you can fix this..
Settings
General
Call Audio Routing -> change from auto to Bluetooth Headset.
Now whenever you are connected to bluetooth, the phone will answer via bluetooth. (every time)
The only issue I have with this, if I am not in my car, but within Bluetooth distance, when you answer the call is in the car. (with car running)
Android has a similar setting.

If you use an iphone, you can fix this..
Settings
General
Call Audio Routing -> change from auto to Bluetooth Headset.
Now whenever you are connected to bluetooth, the phone will answer via bluetooth. (every time)
The only issue I have with this, if I am not in my car, but within Bluetooth distance, when you answer the call is in the car. (with car running)
Android has a similar setting.

I have Android dang it!!! I dont have the same options.

It's an android thing and I've been digging for solutions for that for some time with no answers. I'm sure its a setting somewhere but I've had a handful of clients that have had that happen in just about Acura they tried. It's pretty annoying to say the least.

It's an android thing and I've been digging for solutions for that for some time with no answers. I'm sure its a setting somewhere but I've had a handful of clients that have had that happen in just about Acura they tried. It's pretty annoying to say the least.

So why is that when I’ve gotten eight different loaner cars from Acura that I don’t have the same problem when making a call directly from my Android phone? This car is the first car that puts Bluetooth into “private mode” that I’ve ever driven and tried to make a call using the phone directly. I hate having to look at the info screen and scroll through the contact list while I’m trying to keep the car on the road at the same time.SMH.

So why is that when I’ve gotten eight different loaner cars from Acura that I don’t have the same problem when making a call directly from my Android phone? This car is the first car that puts Bluetooth into “private mode” that I’ve ever driven and tried to make a call using the phone directly. I hate having to look at the info screen and scroll through the contact list while I’m trying to keep the car on the road at the same time.SMH.

Have you gotten one of the 2019 RDX's? That is where I've heard complaints about it.

I still hvn't used the Apple Car play nor the Andriod Auto! By the way, I believe there is a "browser" feature as well, right?

Have you gotten one of the 2019 RDX's? That is where I've heard complaints about it.

I've had every car in the line up as a a loaner except the RLX, but I owned two of those. Every other current Acura vehicle lets you make a phone call from the phone and it automatically connects through the bluetooth. For some reason the NSX doesn't allow that and I have manually transfer the call while people think I hung up on them. It's really effing annoying.

I still hvn't used the Apple Car play nor the Andriod Auto! By the way, I believe there is a "browser" feature as well, right?

I dont think our NSX's have Android Auto??? All I know is every time my phone connects when I start the car it says something like "phone not compatible with apple car play"

I dont think our NSX's have Android Auto??? All I know is every time my phone connects when I start the car it says something like "phone not compatible with apple car play"
Hmmm. I could have sworn it does. Other than the voice/call quality issue I love the Apple CarPlay stuff. In fact it’s the best thing about the whole infotainment. You have to plug the phone into the USB though. It’s not wireless.

Back