• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picking up my NSX in Indiana this Saturday!

Flying out from Salt Lake one way tonight. Going to drive it 1500 miles home! Will post some pictures when I arrive. It's a black (my top color choice) 1991 with 100k on the clock and an M/T.

Welcome to the club. Driving it back is the best way to get to know the car and one heck of an adventure. I've done it with both NSXs that I've owned and both times an awesome experience. Drive safe.

That is awesome!! My son and I just flew to Dallas last week to pick up ours. I assume you are purchasing the black one in Bloomington. We are in Indy. Let me know if you need any help while you are here.

I'll never forget the first 5 minutes of driving solo in my new NSX and seeing the owner disappear from view. I replay portions of the 8 hour drive home in my mind often even 14 months later. I enjoy reading others' new owner stories and I'm looking forward to reading your experience here. Drop a line to meeyatch here if your NSX is near Indy.

I'll never forget the first 5 minutes of driving solo in my new NSX and seeing the owner disappear from view. I replay portions of the 8 hour drive home in my mind often even 14 months later. I enjoy reading others' new owner stories and I'm looking forward to reading your experience here. Drop a line to meeyatch here if your NSX is near Indy.

It's been over 11 years since I flew on a one way ticket to Portland to pick up my first NSX...I can remember it like it was yesterday seeing it pulling up outside baggage claim to pick me up....then the 1000 mile drive home of pure excitement ...

Congrats!!!!!

Thinking about you tonight, alvyre! When we picked up my NSX last week, my son and I drove until 1 am because I didn't want to stop driving and pull over.

Thinking about you tonight, alvyre! When we picked up my NSX last week, my son and I drove until 1 am because I didn't want to stop driving and pull over.

Thanks for the thoughts! It's nice to be a member of such a great community. That is exactly how I felt! I didn't have any time to post on the drive because I only had a mobile, but ended up driving until about 12 both nights (didn't want to risk anything :) ). I had my radar detector plugged in the whole time though so ended up making pretty decent time even with the endless amounts of construction on I-70. Colorado has the worst drivers I've ever driven with, but it did have some nice tunnels to pull through and hear the engine roar. I still got pulled over by a cop who initially just wanted to talk to me about the car, but ended up actually pulling me over since he couldn't see my temporary registration. As he got closer he finally saw it was in the window and then apologized and gave me his card. He used to work at an Acura dealership back in the day and ended up selling a couple of them to some lucky people (even one guy who paid in cash! geeze). He knew a lot about them as well which was a nice change. I ended up putting the card in the card slot in the little owners manual case thing. The only bad part or the trip was that the tape deck is broken so my tape to ipod connector was useless. Had to buy a radio transmitter thing at wal mart. (soo bad never use these, a lot of static and radio stations that blare through when you don't expect them.) Anyway I'm going to upload my pictures to imgur and post them!

Congratulations on your new car.

I just returned from a trip around your area with a group including another NSX owner on the board.

Glad you enjoyed it, and many miles of smiles

Congratulations! I just picked mine up in Virginia last Sept and drove it back to SLC. Good to see someone else here in SLC picking one up.

Back