• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics from 2/4/06 Ortega/Palomar Drive

Had a great time today. I didn't participate in the Ortega portion of today's drive, but I had a nice time driving up to Palomar Mountain. Thanks to Mark (91 X) for getting the drive started. And also a nice big thanks to Troy (tbNSX) for taking a few of us through some nice backroads in San Diego's North County after the trip down from the mountain.

A few more shots can be found HERE.

-Randy

IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4302.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

DSC02411.JPG

Nice shots as always Randy! That reminds me...I still have a ton of NSXPO photos to get through (after I get through a ton of photos from Vietnam). I take it you're not shooting RAW yet?

akira3d said:
Nice shots as always Randy! That reminds me...I still have a ton of NSXPO photos to get through (after I get through a ton of photos from Vietnam). I take it you're not shooting RAW yet?
Thanks Eric. No, I'm still not shooting in RAW format. It's mainly because of what I use the pics for, and that's for fastest turnaround to get them on-line in limited resolution.

I doubt my hardware can handle the technical requirements to get things up and viewable fast enough.

Alway nice to see a few berlinas in a row. Nice pics, looks like a great day was had by all.

I didn't get what you were pointing to. Someone with a bike?

tbNSX said:
Great pics Randy.

Love the 'prepaid' sign shot too. hehe!

I hope you enjoyed the roads back to the 15 from the bottom of Palomar.
Yeah, I did. I was able to enjoy quite a bit of the scenery without have to concentrate solely on driving. Also, Ramona was a bit more crowded than I expected.

Randy,

If you see this, can you tell me what the 5-star rims are on the other Black NSX? Also, if you have any other pics or side shots of that car, can you post them. Thanks!

FuryNSX said:
You mean the Volk AV3s on tbNSXs car? :D

IMG_0753.JPG

Yep, those are the ones. I'm trying to find some rims I like since the Work Equips don't seem to be an option anymore.

They look pretty sharp. What are your thoughts? Probably those and the Racing Hart M5's are the best alternatives I've seen.

jkeen01 said:
Yep, those are the ones. I'm trying to find some rims I like since the Work Equips don't seem to be an option anymore.

They look pretty sharp. What are your thoughts? Probably those and the Racing Hart M5's are the best alternatives I've seen.

Yah, I like them and Randy knows how to take the sweet pics to show'm off. :biggrin:

I think these Volk AV3's have also been discontinued and occasionally here on prime I've seen them for sale. Good luck in your search.

dave22 said:
Do you have a higher-res version of the top shot on that page? It looks like a breathtaking photo but it's just too tiny to tell for sure. :)
You mean the panorama? The image links to a 2048 pixel wide version. You need bigger? What width would work for you? I can resize. :)

tbNSX said:
Yah, I like them and Randy knows how to take the sweet pics to show'm off. :biggrin:

I think these Volk AV3's have also been discontinued and occasionally here on prime I've seen them for sale. Good luck in your search.

Figures, seems like everything I like has been discontinued. How hard is it to find used wheels like these? I don't know ANYTHING about offsets, width and the other things that would affect the wheels. I basically only know that I would prefer a 17 front, 18 rear set. Would it be possible to find something like these or the work equips with the right dimensions?

FuryNSX said:
You mean the panorama? The image links to a 2048 pixel wide version. You need bigger? What width would work for you? I can resize. :)
That's the one. But it's big enough. My laptop was resizing it automatically. :redface:

Nice pics. :cool:

jkeen01 said:
Figures, seems like everything I like has been discontinued. How hard is it to find used wheels like these? I don't know ANYTHING about offsets, width and the other things that would affect the wheels. I basically only know that I would prefer a 17 front, 18 rear set. Would it be possible to find something like these or the work equips with the right dimensions?
You just have to be very diligent in your search. Two different sets of AV3s went on sale recently, one 17/18 inch NSX set for $1200 back in November of 2005, and an 18/19 inch NSX set for $2000 last month. I have seen very few listings for Work Equips. There's just not a lot of NSX sets of those out there.

Back