• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pics of 18/19 HP evos on blk nsx

nsx_pr said:
I BOUGHT THE WHEELS AND TIRES IN WHEEL GUYZ AND I TALK TO DARREN
AND I MAKE THE ORDER ($2000) IN JUNE 19 AND TODAY AUGUST 5TH I DON'T RECEIVE THE SET OF WHEELS AND SUPPOSE HE WILL SHIP THE SAME DAY I MAKE THE ORDER AND SHIP FEDEX PRIORITY. I CALL ONE WEEK AFTER, HE DON'T ANSWER ME, ONLY THE VOICE MAIL SEND TWO MESSAGES. CALL THREE DAYS MORE, AGAIN HE TOLD ME THAT IT SUPPOSE ME TO RECEIVE THESE DAYS BUT HE DON'T HAVE IN HAND THE TRACKING NUMBER AND HE ARE GOING TO SEND ME BY EMAIL. WAITING!!! TALK TO ALLY THREE MORE DAYS AND SEND A VOICE MAIL, TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN WITH THE WHEELS DON'T ANSWER ME. CALL TO ONE GUY LAST WEEK I GIVE THE ORDER CONFIRMATION NUIMBER AND HE TOLD ME THAT I SEND IT OUT BUT SHIP BY POST OFFICE BY PARCEL POST IS NOT FEDEX. I CALL THE MANAGER OF POST OFFICE TO KNOW HOW LONG I GOING TO BE HE TOLD THAT THE WORST AND SLOW SHIPPING. (APROX. 1 MONTH) I LIVE IN PUERTO RICO.

I CALL TODAY AUGUST 5 TO SHIPPING BECAUSE I WANT THE TRACKING NUMBER TO KNOW THE STATUS THIS PERSON TOLD ME THAT YESTERDAY AUGUST 4TH IS SHIPPED BY A COMPANY FREIGHT THAT I EVEN KNOW THE NAME. I CALL THE COMPANY THAT SHE TOLD THAT NEXT WEEK (WEDNESDAY APROX.) IS MY WHEELS.

iM PERSONALLY NOT GOING TO BUY ANY WHEELS IN THIS COMPNAY. I CHECK SOME THREADS THAT ONE MEMBER HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.

I WANT TO GIVE MY EXPERIENCE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO YOU GUYS DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

AS SOON I INSTALL THE WHEELS I SEND PICS. :frown:

In my posts, I had the last 3 sets. HP is VERY hard to deal with. They get about 5 sets, and then they are GONE! My prices are the lowest, but HP's are currently out. You can order from me, save some money, and wait exactly the same time as you will with wheel guys. As a side-note, the RPM's ARE in STOCK.

PS, I send 3mm spacers with these wheels, to use up front.

SpeedFreak said:
Thanks Jimmy. Did you have them machined down at all? If so, to what thickness? -Steve

No i just used them as is--5mm. Shaving them to 3mm will hardly make a difference. You'll hardly notice the 2mm shaved off visually -- you'll get a few more threads for the lugs though. I don't have any probs with the 5.

-j-

I've got updates! I ordered from Darren at Wheelguyz, and the hyperdark evos were instock!...i live in So FLa, so I drove down the next day and picked them up all mounted with Nitto 555's! so basically I waited 24hrs!!! great deal..no problems..
I took the crap universal spacers, and that's when we discovered the problem....the rear wouldn't fit with the 3mm that i got.. the front was fine, but I needed 5mm in the rear, which sticks them out a slight bit. I have not yet gotten my Eibachs, so I'll find out if the rears are going to work being out a little. I'll send pics when all is said and done. I was suprized no one has had problems on the rear spacing problem..my car is a 05, maybe the brakes are different on it?!?
Anyway, I want to get Hubcentric spacers, as my shop can't get the universals to balance right, and I agree that now with all this spacer business I should have good ones...
Any thoughts??? H&R seem to be the choice here, but are they hubcentric?

By the way, I went with 215/35/18 Nitto 555 on the front and no rubbing at all..again, we'll have to see what happens with the Eiback kit..(stock shocks)

I have 2 sets of HP EVO's in 18x8.0 and 19x9.5 in Hyper silver dark. See here for color.

www.hpracing.com
click on products
click on "wheels by HP design"
click on the EVO wheel

$149ea front $249ea rear
tires $115ea front and $205ea rear (Hankook K104 215-35-18/265-30-19)
$40 for mount/bal
$15 for spacers
$10 for lugs
+ shipping (around $120)

$1501 + shipping

These will go FAST, so let me know TODAY if you want a set.

Tom
[email protected]

Last edited:
lhpnsx said:
I've got updates! I ordered from Darren at Wheelguyz, and the hyperdark evos were instock!...i live in So FLa, so I drove down the next day and picked them up all mounted with Nitto 555's! so basically I waited 24hrs!!! great deal..no problems..
I took the crap universal spacers, and that's when we discovered the problem....the rear wouldn't fit with the 3mm that i got.. the front was fine, but I needed 5mm in the rear, which sticks them out a slight bit. I have not yet gotten my Eibachs, so I'll find out if the rears are going to work being out a little. I'll send pics when all is said and done. I was suprized no one has had problems on the rear spacing problem..my car is a 05, maybe the brakes are different on it?!?
Anyway, I want to get Hubcentric spacers, as my shop can't get the universals to balance right, and I agree that now with all this spacer business I should have good ones...
Any thoughts??? H&R seem to be the choice here, but are they hubcentric?

By the way, I went with 215/35/18 Nitto 555 on the front and no rubbing at all..again, we'll have to see what happens with the Eiback kit..(stock shocks)

MFer!! Mine are supposedly on the way and I have 3mm coming for the F & R. I'll be pissed if they don't fit with those.

Last edited:
That looks sweet....definitely the route I am going to take. How much did you lower it, and do you have a pic of it without being lowered.....love that car!!

My car isn't lowered, I will lower it if I keep taking it to the track, just whatever the coilovers I buy lower it, not for cosmetic reasons. In person the car doesn't look like it is jacked up. In the second picture I'm taking a corner so my springs are compressed that's why it looks lowered.

Awesome, thanks for the info....in that second shot, I couldnt tell you were moving...any likes/dislikes about the setup?

I still love the looks, they are a little hard to clean because of how tight the arms are. They definately change the feeling of the car, the car doesn't accelerate as fast, and the handling also feels like it's been affected for the worse, it's hard to explain. I'll definately be buying a lighter set of rims for racing next year.

Does it really feel that much slower or is it actually that much slower? I cant imagine going any slower~!~ What part of handling is affected?

It IS slower, I ran 13.8 with the stockers, I'm running in the low to mid 14's now.

I don't really know how to explain it, but turn in feels faster if that makes sense.

I am also looking to buy a set of the HP Evo Lighting's in an 18/19 Hyper Silver Dark combo. I am not sure about which lip to get but would love to hear the arguements for either/both. A shiny lip looks nicer imo but i am looking for wheels that dont need special care and can just be high pressure hosed to be cleaned and the more durable would be prefered i supose (lots of pot holes in the areas i drive).

If anyone knows where i can get these IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP let me know please.

I would also be interested in other brands of mesh wheels if they are similarly priced.

Back