• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of my Berlina Black 02 Conversion

Hi Everyone,

Well here are some shots of my new Downforce 02 Conversion (Thanks Sam, Gianina, Peter). I did the whole thing thru Downforce so front bumper, side skirts, Type R hood, Carbon Fiber Hood Duct, Rear Valence, OEM Front/Rear lights, CF rear window garnish, CF license plate holder, CF trunk spoiler, and the following parts are being shipped at present: Type R rear wing, bumper caps, and front chin spolier. Downforce painted the body parts and I must say their painter did a damn good job and it matches perfectly.

I love it and I'm pleased with how it turned out. Some problems were encountered like trying to fit the OEM exposed headlights into the factory headlight bucket so like ChrisNSX did I've cut away a small portion for the headlight level adjustment piece.

I'll snap more shots this weekend so that you all can see daylight images...

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. I assume they enforce front license plates over there. You look like a proud papa.:smile: Downforce owes you a Christmas card at least.:biggrin:

damn that was quick, you just bought the car too. If you add a lower lip, it would look just like a 02 from the outside.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is BEYOND HOT!!!!!!!

I'm sooooooo envy right now :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Very happy for you indeed! Please share lots of pictures :D

So sick, Congrats. Had no idea you were doing the 02 conversion, Congrats. :wink:

Nice conversion. Everything looks tight. Even without the 02R spoiler it looks good. Congrates.

You've been busy haven't you? I think I purchased about the same time you did. All I hear is crickets chirping on my end.

I absolutely love the color, the wheels, the entire project. Now call the Magazine and the R8 people back to do another photo shoot.:biggrin:

The Fonz! Nice....

Thanks for the props everyone. Downforce did a great job painting the parts and I'm happy with the fitment except for a minor issue faced with the hood but we were able to solve it easily.

To answer some questions:

1. Front Spoiler and bumper caps are on their way (Downforce forgot to ship them accidentally)

2. I've got a Type R rear wing coming so hence my decision to go the vented hood look

3. The authorities in Dubai make front license plates mandatory so I've gone the SOS removable plate holder. You can tuck the plate away in a few seconds if you don't want it appearing (tucks inside bumper)

4. Tint - No idea but its a subtle tint as I hate the black out look and its also illegal here.

I'm done with the car now and she's where I want her (once the other parts come in).

Jetpilot

S14_Tat

My goal was to get the car looking as I wanted to immediately so I think I received the car in October (once shipped to Dubai) and then in November I contacted Peter at Downforce for the conversion.

Next up on Saturday she's heading to the interior apholstery place and receiving a brand new interior!!! She'll look and feel brand new once back so I'll post pictures of the interior next week. I'm keeping it Ivory as I love the contrast with the Black exterior and I want to keep her original.

I love it and I'm pleased with how it turned out. Some problems were encountered like trying to fit the OEM exposed headlights into the factory headlight bucket so like ChrisNSX did I've cut away a small portion for the headlight level adjustment piece.

Looks great, very tastefully done. Keep up the mods.:biggrin:

dang Dubai huh? stiff competition over there with all them high roller rides, but still NSX is my exotic car of choice (also my pocket book's). :biggrin: Congrats on the conversion, looks like a brand new car.

In response to "Is it hard to do a conversion"

I would say yes and no.

Yes - if your like me with limited automotive wrenching and tooling. I used the guidance of a good friend and his customizing shop to get tools, etc. We worked on it for a while (close to +30 hours) taking our time removing the whole front and rear end, wiring, clips, etc. The wiring is not as simple as plug and play and you need to cut the headlight housing bucket (on stock frame) to accomodate the headlight leveller attached to the OEM +02 headlights. Some people remove the leveller and some like me keep it on. Regardless you need to have patience and hence why it took us so long. Plus, as our NA1's are older you have issues with older clips breaking and sometimes missing clips where there should be some. We ended up making our own clips to avoid breakage. We also spent alot of time on fitment ensuring the panels all lined up etc. sort of like the old addage "Measure twice,cut once"...

No - because most of what Downforce supplied is simple to understand hood goes here, etc.

My overall recommendation is to go OEM front bumper next time because this one fits but in order to do so we had to omit the bumper beam cushion.

Toughest part is deciding whether you want to go OEM look or Type R look. I think its the best mod to do to an earlier NSX if you prefer the newer +02 look as its affordable and worthwhile without having to pay up for a newer model.

dude! that shit is dope!! (excuse my french) lol :tongue: :eek:

Sweet! Looks Amazing...thats a big $$$ project. I am sure you are pleased with the results by the look of that pose.

Back