• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of my Sebring Silver 02 conversion

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for all the pictures and updates. Makes me feel like I could do this myself also :smile:

Hope you have solved your soft brake pedal feel by now. Have you driven any other NSX's which already have the newer ABS system?

I would be very interested in your result and what the differences are between the old ABS and the new ABS system and if the improvement is significant enough to do this upgrade.

From what I can see, the new system does not have it's own reservoir anymore so I am wondering how exactly the back-pressure on the brake line is
Keep us posted :smile:

Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot for all the pictures and updates. Makes me feel like I could do this myself also :smile:
The ABS Upgrade is simple, can be done in one day, just make sure you have all the parts.

Hope you have solved your soft brake pedal feel by now. Have you driven any other NSX's which already have the newer ABS system?

I had a 2000 NSX about 4 years ago, but I never really notice the brakes differences.

I will bleed the brake again and see if that fixes it. If that does not fix it I think I will buy a new power brake booster, the part numbers are different between the NA1 (46400-SL0-951) and NA2 (46400-SL0-J02). I don’t know the specs on the brake booster or if it will help or fix the low engagement pedal feel.

I would be very interested in your result and what the differences are between the old ABS and the new ABS system and if the improvement is significant enough to do this upgrade.

I will take it to the track on Monday and see how it performs.

From what I can see, the new system does not have it's own reservoir anymore so I am wondering how exactly the back-pressure on the brake line is
Keep us posted :smile:

I am not sure but it is all OEM parts.

how come you don't have the silver bracket beside the ABS unit shown on SOSs picture? is that part needed too?
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/NA2_ABS_System_Upgrade/

I had to remove the ABS Modulator Guard so my Radiator Duct would fit. Not needed just extra weight.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I had the brakes bleed again using a power bleeder, it seem to solve the soft/ low engagement pedal feel. I took the NSX to Summit Point, WV on Monday the brake seems to be working better than before. With the Old ABS I had a problem with the left brake locking up when braking hard. I did not get the brake to lock up at the track, but on the way home I got the ABS to kick on when trying to brake on some grave on the road.

I also had a coolant hose burst on me at the track on my first lap.:mad: I got a universal hose and hose clamps from NAPA, I was able to get back on the track.

Glad you were able to get that resolved. I'll be at Summit Point in mid August. It really is a fun track.

Glad you were able to get that resolved. I'll be at Summit Point in mid August. It really is a fun track.

Give me a call when you are here at Summit Point, I will PM you my number. I will make you the radiator duct bracket l said I would. I just never got around to making it.

Do you have a Procar or a Dali duct?
You will need to relocate one of the fuse box.

Last edited:
My new wheels arrived today from SOS. :biggrin:

Volk RE30 Formula Silver 17/18. I am not sure what color lugnuts will look good on these wheels.
IMG_3619.JPG

Last edited:
Wow just gorgeous! How about black lugs?

Chris, my senses tell me you're going to have a lot of new goodies to show in the near future. ;-) hint hint

I cant wait....

... I was just thinking about LED tail light these past week!! Was wondering pre or post 02+ tail light with LEDs which would appeal to me. Ask Mike to sent those to you soon so we can see them on your car!:biggrin:

No you didn't!!!! :eek::cool::cool:

I installed the ClearCorners LED Tail Lights today. I can say the ligths are unbelievable. Just amazing.:eek: These are a loaner set, until my 02 Tail Lights are done.

Brake lights and Signal lights
IMG_3648.JPG

Parking lights
IMG_3667.JPG

Parking lights and Signal lights
IMG_3665.JPG

Reverse light
IMG_3670.JPG

Last edited:
I should have them on this week, just need to get some black lugnuts.

Hey Chris hardtopguy.com has black OEM lugnuts from the S2K CR that fit and look great or do you have to use Rays with those wheels?

Back