• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of your front

Hello fellow prime.
I recently got a lift in my garage. And got the nsx on top. And noticed that I don't have any screen or grill on the front. Ie. the air flow holes left and right of the center. Either I never had any. Or they are gone. Seems like there should be some screen or something. I'm all stock, Looking for pics of your fronts. P

Hello fellow prime.
I recently got a lift in my garage. And got the nsx on top. And noticed that I don't have any screen or grill on the front. Ie. the air flow holes left and right of the center. Either I never had any. Or they are gone. Seems like there should be some screen or something. I'm all stock, Looking for pics of your fronts. P

There is no screen there; there's a small plastic shroud off to the side, which covers the factory fog light mounting brackets.

You can install fog lights, or there are aftermarket grille options available.

fog8.jpg

'Stone Shield' from Dali Racing:
http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=636

There are no screens or anything to protect the radiator on my '97 either. I don't think they added those until 2002. But while she is up in the air and all apart, I will be creating a screen to protect it from bird strikes and possum hunting at speed. I'll add it to my DIY thread here;

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155064

Ok thanks. That's what I thought. When the car is on the ground you don't get the birds eye view you get when it's on the lift. It looked wide open ie. a clear shot into the radiator and what not. Just seems like there should be some sort of screen or something there. What after market options have you seen?

None. I went to Loew's the other night and got a section of metal lathe and satin black spray paint. I'll create a template, cut, paint & install the new screen in the nose and side engine intakes. Cost about $10 plus time spent.

Last edited:
I have the Dali Racing inserts...nice product and makes things look more finished off...I would like something to match the center also though...don't like seeing the fins of the rad exposed so much...we get some pretty nasty bugs up here in summer...some are as big as small birds (almost) and make a real mess of the fins...

The grilles are nice, but a bi%tch to install...had to rebend the tabs a bit to fit properly...put a few small scratches inside that area putting them in...but once installed, I really like them

Plus....they are more than solid enough for me to have mounted my LED DRL's to

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=636

I got those AC shields, they are super nice along with the radiator shilds, the as shield was a PIA to install but looks great.

Great info. Thanks. As far as the diamond screens or dali inserts, How are you guys securing them? Just a system of tabs?

nose.jpg

Home Depot special here too, I had to photoshop the colors hard so you could see, in real life is more visible, doesn't look "rice" nor cheap, but still, I painted black so is subtle and it does hold some road dirt every once in a while

edit*

On this photographer pic, you "kinda" can see the mesh ..

stance.jpg

Was 1 hour + $10 I think .. 3 years ago ... I fixed with zip-ties, they hold it very well.

Oscar

Last edited:
I have both the condenser & radiator screens from Dali, powder coated in black. The radiator screen is fairly easy to get in but as others have said, the condenser screens are PITA to install without the mesh scratching the paint in the inlet. Definitely worth having if for nothing else than the peace of mind of not having a rock punch a hole in something.

I have both the condenser & radiator screens from Dali, powder coated in black. The radiator screen is fairly easy to get in but as others have said, the condenser screens are PITA to install without the mesh scratching the paint in the inlet. Definitely worth having if for nothing else than the peace of mind of not having a rock punch a hole in something.

Have the radiator as well, never bought the condenser pieces.

Have the radiator as well, never bought the condenser pieces.

Moses, the condenser pieces add a nice touch and are probably the way it should have come from the factory. With all of the crap that's lying in the road these days, those condensers are in a vulnerable place, IMO. Hard to beat for $45---

Last edited:
Have had all three Dali bits (radiator- and both condenser screens) for years. Easy to install, easy to clean the bugs and gravel off. Highly recommended. The radiator and condensers are $$$$.

Last edited:
Do this for the center lol. There used to be a ton of billet grill inserts on ebay back in the day for the center. They didnt look to bad in my opion. I cant find them anymore. I always wanted something to cover those areas with silver screening or the billet grills. Something like what FuryNSX posted would be sooooo cool if I could get one in silver.

Last edited:
I cut the mesh with a 3/4" lip all around the opening and formed this overage over the opening. There are 4 small screws that I used to secure the mesh. I then used some adhesive caulk all around the perimeter to further secure and keep it from rattling. While I was in there I removed the stock intake snorkel. Came out great, I think.

Be careful not to block the air flow too much. The Dali Mesh looks like it covers 50% or more of the available air flow, this is not great for hard running on a hot day, especially at the track. Valhala's more open mesh is far less restrictive. This is one of those things that isn't an issue until it's an issue; there must be a reason that Honda didn't put a screen in there in the first place, I don't think it was cost cutting I think it was air management engineering.

My 2 cents...

Tytus

Back