• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picture Quiz

I am hoping that someone can tell me what these parts are. They came in a baggie in the glove box, and the previous owner said that they were in there when he got the car and didn't know what they were either.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 691
im taking a wild guess, are those suppose to be caps for the bolts on the seat rails or something?

ming don't have em but my civic has em.

I know what the top piece is...it's the mounting finish piece for the rear view mirror to the windshield...I know, because I knocked mine off when cleaning the inside glass. It just slides over the mounting.

Thanks TimZX, that's what the top one is. Popped right on, very cool. Ken, let me try to take another picture. The camera isn't the greatest, but I'll get another one up.

Thanks,
Tim

Do you have a NSX-T? If so, they might be the plugs mentioned in this previous post:

2. You can get plugs for the holes left by the targa roof just behind you and your passenger. They are Part Number 85039-SL0-T00. It doesn't make a big difference in the overall noise level, but it does eliminate one element of the noise -- the high pitched whistle of the air entering the holes.

My '96 is missing the plugs so I don't know what they look like.

Edit: as noted below they aren't the targa plugs. I pulled the top last night and checked.... nowhere near a match.

Last edited:
Hmm, after looking at these pictures, I'm tempted to run out to my car and start looking around! :D Did you check the door jams? What about where the doors meet the dash? Now I'm going to be wondering about this all day! :p

Hard to tell but could it be the rubber cap for the top of the spare tire bracket?

Those are plugs that cover holes in the bottom of the car at all 4 corners. Behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels. If you look under your car you will see a small square hole towards the outside.The NSX uses 4 of these so you might already have two on the car. They should have been installed when the pre-delivery inspection was done.

Bruce

Back