• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picture request Black wheels on NSX!

Would like to see black wheels on NSX all styles!

Thanks

Here are some preliminary shots of my Enkei RP03 17/18" wheels.

nsx02.jpg

nsx03.jpg

nsx04.jpg

These were photoshopped but you get the idea.............

black.jpg

Is this black rim thing a phase or a craze? I am seeing more and more of it here in South Florida....started out on Bentlys and Lambos etc...now I see it on Mazdas, Fords......everything, suv's you name it. They look great! I sort am leaning towards hyperblack, does that count?

Is this black rim thing a phase or a craze? I am seeing more and more of it here in South Florida....started out on Bentlys and Lambos etc...now I see it on Mazdas, Fords......everything, suv's you name it. They look great! I sort am leaning towards hyperblack, does that count?

It's a trend; it will come and go (though it will last longer than the spinners craze since manufacturers are putting black wheels on production vehicles). Friends of mine in the wheel/tire wholesale business told me back in 2003/04 to look for black wheels going mainstream in a couple of years. Well, here we are.

I sort of like the look, stealthy sort of evil look. I am looking into the hyperblacks and hyperdark silvers.....with a chrome lip. My car is all black and want something a little different. Find me something good!!!

I don't think its a fad in the supercar realm. Most your hyper-exotic racers have black or white wheels Fchallange cars and lambos and Gemballas, techarts etc...

I don't think its a fad in the supercar realm. Most your hyper-exotic racers have black or white wheels Fchallange cars and lambos and Gemballas, techarts etc...

I've had black on black on black since the mid/late 90's on my RX7.

Back then not too many cars had that look. Most of the ones that I have seen are American Muscle cars.

Past few years it seems that it's really picked up in all sorts of cars....

I agree w/ that.

The difference is that it's picking up in the mass market where consumers are fickle. People are getting black wheels now because other people are getting black wheels. As soon as "people" no longer want black wheels, the trend will die out. With the cost of entry so low(less than $100 per wheel), it will be easy for consumers to switch to the next trend in wheels once "people" start going with whatever the next trend is. Of course some people have had black wheels and will continue to have them, but that won't be the majority.

Back