• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picture request of parking brake handles for 1999 t0 2001 and 2002 up

I have an earlier model NSX (1992) and I have been replacing a lot of the leather interior parts to the newer (1999 +) perforated leather. This includes the door panel pieces and the door handles. The 1999+ NSXs also have the perforated leather on the parking brake handle. Now in 2002 the part number changed and the color is referred to as "bright brown" rather than "real black" for the 1999 to 2001 handle. The only other issues is that the 2002 + handle is $50 cheaper than the 1999 to 2001 handle. However, I don't want to get the newer one if the color won't match the rest of my interior.

Can anyone who has a 1999 to 2002 or a 2002 to 2005 take an upclose picture of the parking brake handle? I would love to see if there is a distinct difference in the colors.

Thanks

Thanks Diablo360, that one picture is very good. I checked out all the other auctions and it is hard to see the color in person.

Can anyone with a 2002+ at least confirm if their parking brake handle is black or bright brown. Acura changed the part number for the handle in 2002 because the color was changed from real black to bright brown. Just curious if it really appears brown or is basically black in color.

Thanks

No, I believe the perforated leather was introduced in 1999.

I would really appreciate it if anyone with a 2002 to 2005 could look at their parking brake handle and see if the leather is bright brown or is basically black in color.

I would like to order the assembly and I can save $50 on the 2002 + models if someone would take 2 minutes to look at their handle and simply post the color.

No, I believe the perforated leather was introduced in 1999.

I would really appreciate it if anyone with a 2002 to 2005 could look at their parking brake handle and see if the leather is bright brown or is basically black in color.

I would like to order the assembly and I can save $50 on the 2002 + models if someone would take 2 minutes to look at their handle and simply post the color.

Mine is blk.
Nothing in this car is light brwn.

Last edited:
Perforated leather was introduced in 1999 with the Zanardi edition only. 2000 and up became standard but different.

Thanks, Vance. You always know these kinds of details.
thumbsup.gif

Back