• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pictures from Sears Point

KPNSX_1-vi.jpg

_0008573-vi.jpg

_0008591-vi.jpg

_0008594-vi.jpg

nsxnut said:
If I didn't know better I would think Kip tipped the camera man!

Nah, Fong just likes cars with big wings :D probably reminds him of his Cosworth, FD, R33/R34 Skylines and his departed GT3 :cool:

SMGNSX said:
Wow I guess you don't like white oh well red and yellow look better

He likes white cars, all of the above mentioned cars are/were white, you were probably not running in the High Intermediate Group for some "touring/testing laps" while Fong was taking pictures. I hear that his future Cayman S will probably be white too ;)

Last edited:
Nihilation said:
Any info on these cars as far as suspension, wheels and tire sizes?

#172 Yellow NSX "the dirty track car (TM)" :D
- NSX-R Suspension
- Dali Street/Race Sway bars
- Type R Braces (bottom/front)
- Comptech Non Compliance Toe Links/SOS Non Compliance Beam bushings
- SOS Non Compliance front toe clamps
- Stoptech BBK F/R with Carbotech Panther Plus Pads
- Prodrive GC010 17x7.5 35mm offset, 18x9.5 39mm offset (+5mm spacer)
- Bridgestone SO3 215/40/17 & 275/35/18 really slippery on a hot track! :p

Maybe Kip or Shad will chime in with the secret goodies on the former American Touge Champ Comptech NSX :cool:

Red NSX

CT Pro shocks w/1200lb front/800lb rear springs

Brembo Indy BB kit

Volk CE28N
+38mm front 17x8 front "High pad"
+40mm rear 18x9.5

Tires: Yokohama slicks
A-005 230/610/17 front
A-005 280/650/18 rear

Many other parts, Kip

Many thanks to Steve (White Turbo NSX) and Ken (Yellow NSX) for letting me drive their car. Steve's car is fast, took a little getting used to on the turbo lag. But once you get used to it, it is really fast and fun. Need to get stronger LSD, though.

Ken's car is probably the best setup NSX I've ever driven in a long time. Well balanced with a hint of understeer. A little more tweak in the alignment setting would be perfect.

Kip Olson said:
Red NSX

CT Pro shocks w/1200lb front/800lb rear springs

Many other parts, Kip

Wow, 1200/800 f/r spring rates. :eek: I started out with 1000/600 f/r with my CT Pro kit but had to switch to 600/400 f/r because car was just too brutal to drive on bumpy roads. But my car is driven most on the street... where as your's... well we know what your car is... a track monster. :D

NSX-Tuner said:
Wow, 1200/800 f/r spring rates. :eek: I started out with 1000/600 f/r with my CT Pro kit but had to switch to 600/400 f/r because car was just too brutal to drive on bumpy roads. But my car is driven most on the street... where as your's... well we know what your car is... a track monster. :D
Yeah, when one's wife loves him, he wants it stiff. :eek: You know, Kip's wife loves Kip. :biggrin:
Steve

Andrie Hartanto said:
Many thanks to Steve (White Turbo NSX) and Ken (Yellow NSX) for letting me drive their car. Steve's car is fast, took a little getting used to on the turbo lag. But once you get used to it, it is really fast and fun. Need to get stronger LSD, though.

Ken's car is probably the best setup NSX I've ever driven in a long time. Well balanced with a hint of understeer. A little more tweak in the alignment setting would be perfect.

Andrie,
Thanks for the good words!, That turbo lag is really the Vtech as it comes in at 6000 rpm, we tried to bring it sooner but the max torque was 4200 rpm and it went nuts on the dyno trying to tune the torque and vtech togather for the fuel curve.
Steve

Andrie Hartanto said:
Steve's car is fast, took a little getting used to on the turbo lag. But once you get used to it, it is really fast and fun. Need to get stronger LSD, though.

Steves pressure gague was off and I believe his rear tire pressure was on the high side. I suspect when addressed this may help the back hook up better :)
Yea and updated LSD is probably needed as well.

Later,
Don

Back