• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pictures of drive from Sacramento - Portland

DSC02549_BW.jpg

DSC02548_small.jpg

CA-20 connecting US101 and I-5. AWESOME drive.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Ha! For everyone else that is wondering what Edo is talking about... we did a road trip from teh Northwest down to Laguna Seca last year. We drove down 101 to avoid the passes on I-5. After we passed the CA border, we decided to head inland to I-5. We chose a route called CA-38 which should have been labeled "The Route From Hell". The drive consisted of repeating the phrase "well, it can't get worse than this". Everytime, it did.

Started with 180 degree hairpin turns (25mph or lower please) - while in the dark, then progressed to fog, narrow roads, boulders the size of chickens ON THE ROAD, and snow. One of the most memorable points? A backwoods kid coming up to us and saying "Ma daddy could fit that cur in the back of his truck!" The least memorable point? The 4 hours we had to back track once we realized we couldn't make it all the way to I-5.

Good times...

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Chris Don't forget the other very insightful line that he spouted..

"Hey homes..dats a nice cah ya got der"

Good times...(Doesn't even describe what happened that night, or even that entire trip)

Comptech not giving us directions to their facility, Sheets of water falling from the Sky at Laguna Seca..the 1/2" of standing water in the paddock. The drive home where I was stopped on US 101 for almost 3 hours as they cleared Mud from a mudslide that happened due to the Earthquake a few days earlier...

*sigh*

Love that B&W pic, what planet is that?
So, when you gonna tell us about that der roll bar?

I've made the SF to Portland trip at least 8 times. On my return trip from Comptech in SAC, I averaged over 93 mph and reached home in 6.5 hours. It was between 11:00 pm and 5:30 AM on a Thursday, so I figured my odds of a ticket were slim.

Some of my best memories of the NSX are from that trip. Charging up the Siskiyous (sp?) listening to the Beatles and Radiohead. I'll never forget that.

Back