• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pictures of my Boys..

eg9

Contributing Member
fba1403c.jpg

fba14080.jpg

fba14039.jpg

Last edited:
I am the proud owner of a 2003 NSX. I promised pictures but have has some trouble finding a good digital camera. As you've noticed I'm still searching for one....

I've driven the NSX quite a bit and am very satisfied with the performance and the driving. It is a much more practical car than my Esprit but lacks the overal performance.

I've driven close to 2K miles in the NSX in the past 3 weeks and that's more than I do in my Lotus in two months. There are many mechanics around that can work on my Acura but I have to drive 3 hours to have someone work on my Esprit.

This is a great forum to be apart of with some great people. I'm also a member of the Yahoo Groups Turbo Esprit forum but I like the format of this forum better.

Thanks again for all of the advice from everyone and the support. The NSX is an amazing sportscar.

EG-

Cannot see the pics.

I did everything correct... ummmm... I used webshots which might be the problem.

Any Suggestions anyone?

EG-

Okay.. They should be showing now... Webshots suck!

EG

eg9 said:
I've driven the NSX quite a bit and am very satisfied with the performance and the driving. It is a much more practical car than my Esprit but lacks the overal performance.
Can you be more specific ?? Which areas in your opinion are "lacking" overall ??
- acceleration from standing start
- acceleration from rolling start
- handling
- braking
- acceleration, 0-60, magazine quotes vs reality
- acceleration, 1/4 mile, magazine vs. reality
- bench racing (good magazine #s) vs. whatever-really-counts

I take it you have the V8-TT Esprit...

Good choices -- not a bad stable :D

CoJones-

I would say the performance difference is more towards the overall handling. I was amazed myself. I have both cars in my garage and have driven both several times this week. I always take the back roads to get into town and do lots of spirited driving while i'm there. There truely IS a difference. The Esprit is more nimble. The steering response is slightly faster and taking a hard turn at the same speed, the Esprit takes it a bit easier. I even compared it with a passenger and they said the same thing. NOW.... The Esprit IS less comfortable of a ride. I CAN NOT go over the railroad tracks in the Esprit the way I do with the NSX. No Way! I FEEL EVERYTHING on the road with the Esprit. I'm guessing.... but maybe the NSX is tuned for a softer ride stock as the Esprit is tuned more for track use stock...(Speculation only). Please don't get me wrong. The NSX handles amazingly, it's just that the Esprit "seems" to have it beat in handling in "my opinion". This does NOT take away from how much I love my NSX.

As for speed... well... 0-60 is done easier with the NSX due to a much better clutch and no turbo lag. now 60 - 150 the Esprit has it beat. The Esprit is a beast at those speeds but then again it has 350 HP. Both cars feel strong at high speeds but the Esprit when picks up speed quicker at higher speeds. This is a fact or maybe my NSX is just slower than the rest. Both my NSX and Esprit are stock.

As far as comfort and driveability... the NSX kills it... The NSX is MUCH easier to drive, better visability and can handle traffic. The Esprit is very picky about being in traffic for too long and is hard to shift during a stop and go traffic situation.

Reliability... Well... even though my Esprit hasn't given me any trouble I can tell you that the NSX is MUCH more reliable. Changing oil, brake pads and small maintenance is easy to do on a Lotus but the timing belt is a huge problem with the Esprit.

I'm a Lotus fanatic but more importantly I'm a car fanatic. I've always loved the NSX and always will. I love the Esprit more than any car but I can spot out more problems with it than most cars. I guess I love these cars unconditionally... regardless of their faults. To me, finding fault shows the humanistic side of a machine which, in turn, can seem to be considered to have a soul.

At the beginning, I used to hate my first Esprit (1989 Esprit SE) with ALL of the PROBLEMS it gave me. I would be so frustrated with it at times. Now I can truly say it gave me the greatest automotive experience and I really miss it. I will one day own an old Esprit again regardless of ALL the faults it has. I see myself owning an NSX and a 4cyl Esprit that I work on occasionally(w/o a choice).

EG-

i thought the NSX was female!??! :confused:
Or have they released male/female version with the 2003 NSX?! :p

Please take some more photos of your 03 silver NSX coz i think they look REALLY SWEET.... there have been some good '03 silver photos posted a few months ago.

After looking at the eBay pics, one more edge the NSX has is the appearance with the lights up, the Lotus looks surprised :D

i-12.JPG

It is a beautiful car though, I see a lot of red and yellow Lotuses (Lotii ? :)) around, but never silver, of which, I am a huge fan (all three of my cars are silver, or at least as close to silver as I can get).

funny,
I just saw a red one this weekend and the owner was stepping on it. and it sounded very nice with the v8 roar but couldn't really hear the turbos. I like the Esprit very much too. and look forward to owning one in the futere. the only problem is that I am too tall for it. I am 6' 1". take care mvm and good luck with both cars

NeoNSX & NSX-G Force - Thanks for the comments... I should have said the bad boy and the vicious sister. I will take some better pictures of the NSX and post them soon.

Jonathan & Brian - Yes... always looks surprised with the lights popped up.. The best surprise is when it flies past an onlooker.

jaytip nsx - 4cyl vs V8 discussion.. MAN has that been beat to death on the TurboEsprit forum.. Well.. The V8 has torque and is a much more drivable car. It has more creature comforts and is much more reliable. It is faster by a bit and the handling is about the same. BUT... for a 4cyl to beat about anything on the street is a truly amazing thing. People would gasp when they found out it was a 4cyl. I still see the 4cyl Esprit as genius engineering!

madfast- 6' 1"... Not a problem. There are several adjustments one makes to fit someone up to 6' 3". I am 6 exactly and fit w/o adjustments.

EG-

Nice pictures. I have always loved both the esprit and the nsx. Love the colors too. I've never driven in one before but maybe one day ;)

I have to admint, silver Esprits look pretty damn nice. When I used to take my NSX out with my friend Marc's Esprit, his car got a lot more attention.

When I first saw your post, I thought you might be him (since he had an NSX before switching to a '97 and '00 Esprit).

Here's a pic I snapped back in April, 2001.

Attachments

• topanga-marclotus-akiransx-frontquarter.jpg
    topanga-marclotus-akiransx-frontquarter.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,009
You lucky dog! Talk about an exclusivity seeker. I know what you are talking about when you mention the handling/ride quality. Almost got a Lotus E after I got my NSX. Man, was that a rough ride in comparison. But the pull the car offered when you punched the gas was on tap. In the end, I would rather juice up the NSX to meet its potential. I've had enough bad luck with cars that I don't need the Lotus to add its undeniable problems.

I was just at Fox Valley Motor Cars in West Chicago on Wed. and sat in a red 25th Aniversary Lotus Esprit (2002?). I want that car so bad... but I actually think the styling is dated (everyone says that NSX is dated too though). Too bad I don't have $88,000 sitting around. Argh.

Man, wish my kids would all grow up so that I can buy me some toys other than the NSX! I have 7 car garage spaces and 8 cars. The NSX is the only sports car out of the bunch! The rest are SUVs and Sedans. My daily driver, a Toyota Minivan, is parked outside. Hmm.. another NSX would be nice.. :D

must be nice to 7 car garage and still complain about it. :D get rid one of the cars or extend another garage to match!!!

RyRy210 said:
Man, wish my kids would all grow up so that I can buy me some toys other than the NSX! I have 7 car garage spaces and 8 cars. The NSX is the only sports car out of the bunch! The rest are SUVs and Sedans. My daily driver, a Toyota Minivan, is parked outside. Hmm.. another NSX would be nice.. :D

GinaK said:
I was just at Fox Valley Motor Cars in West Chicago on Wed. and sat in a red 25th Aniversary Lotus Esprit (2002?). I want that car so bad... but I actually think the styling is dated (everyone says that NSX is dated too though). Too bad I don't have $88,000 sitting around. Argh.

Was that the Orange one? Yeah, I saw that as well. Nice cars they have there.

EG, nice toys you got there :cool: I would be kinda worried to hang my bikes above my cars-"what if an Earthquake occurs? :D :D

Back