• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pikes Peak Acura campaigns new GT2 Class NSX Race Car

Pikes Peak Acura recently campaigned the Pikes Peak Acura Motorsports GT2 class NSX. The car, which features a carbon fiber / Nomex honeycomb Cantrell Studios JGTC Wide Body Conversion, Cantrell Studios NSX-R Hood, and ScienceofSpeed Moton Racing Suspension, shaved nearly 50 lbs of weight.

The car recently set a track class record lap time and shaved close to 4 seconds off last year's car's best time. Pikes Peak Acura will running the car in SCCA regional races to bring the drivers up to speed with the new race car with the hopes of targeting national races in the future.

Congratulations to the team on the development of this car.

Here are some shots at a recent practice:

PP1.jpg

PP2.jpg

PP3.jpg

WoW!! More pictures and specs, please!!

That thing is gorgeous!

When is it coming to Road America? I want to see it run!

Nice very clean!

One of the nicest race-track NSX's I've ever seen. Very tasteful colour-scheme and not too many stickers.

One question: is "Snap-on" advertising or is the bump snap-on? :p

brahtw8 said:
That thing is gorgeous!

When is it coming to Road America? I want to see it run!

He said it would run in SCCA Regional races, so I doubt we will see it. I know Bryan's car will be killer fast @ only 2300 lbs, but in no way does it look as good as the Pike's car!

T Bell said:
He said it would run in SCCA Regional races, so I doubt we will see it. I know Bryan's car will be killer fast @ only 2300 lbs, but in no way does it look as good as the Pike's car!

He also said "with the hopes of targeting national races in the future."

:p ;)

sweet! it's soooooo nice to see NSX's in GT racing! best of luck with your aspirations for national races!

(I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but....) I was browsing through the current Sports Compact Car magazine, and Comptech is now using this car in its magazine ad campaign. Once again, I gotta say that this car looks absolutely sweet.

Are there any more pictures of it?

I remember not too long ago that this car was for sale? Anyone remember or am I thinking of another race car?

It was for sale on Ebay. I think opening bid was $75K, but it had a reserve. It's on their showroom floor now. Those pics taken with the other NSXs were at a gathering we had last summer. It sounds pretty awesome when it's fired up!!! They told me the tires they used were shaved Toyo Proxes. Just FYI.

The car was for sale, but shorty after listing the vehicle sellers remorse set in.
We are now doing a lot of testing and toying with ideas for the 2006 season.

Brian

BTW, it is a WRX hood scoop, but 2004. Good guess though! :smile:

Last edited:
Back