• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pilot Sport A/S Plus?

Anyone used the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus tires before? The specs look awesome for a tire in it's class, but I figure that the numbers on paper may not tell the whole story (they come with a 45,000-mile warranty and have a better UTQG than all other similar tires of 500, AA, A).

Any opinions?

Why would you put all season tires on an NSX , terrible idea.

Shoot!!! Wrong forum! I was researching this forum for input on the tires but meant to post in off-topic (the tires are for a daily driver Camaro).

Mods please move:redface:

Haha - makes more sense now.

I have them on an Audi S4 Avant for my wintery tires and have been happy with them but I always look forward to putting the PS2's back on for the rest of the year.

I hear they have excellent traction in the wet. The tires I have on there now are Good Year F1 GS-D3s. Apparently, those are some of the best tires available, although, my rear tires are getting quite low on tread. If I move back to So Cal (which is looking more and more likely), I'll be glad to be able to run exclusively on summer tires.

To answer the original question I would suggest checking out TireRack's test of 5 tires, during Winter Testing at the Arctic Circle. This test had Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season, and Continental Extreme Contact DWS, clearly better than the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus.
As to Angus's question why on an NSX? If you've ever got into a snow squall, in Red Mountain Pass,on the Million Dollar Highway, south of Silverton Colorado, you will appreciate all the extra grip you can get.
Just my .02; Howard

Back