• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ping Pong/Pool Table combo...

I just had my basement redone and I wanted to get either a ping pong table or a pool table or one of those combination thingies. Anyone have one of these and if so, where did you buy it from? How much was it? Also Id need to have it delivered. Let me know if you have any advice, I want to buy it this afternoon.

I just had my basement redone and I wanted to get either a ping pong table or a pool table or one of those combination thingies. Anyone have one of these and if so, where did you buy it from? How much was it? Also Id need to have it delivered. Let me know if you have any advice, I want to buy it this afternoon.

baller.jpg

*with our ongoing debate on who IS.... *:tongue:

We put an 7ft air hockey table in our loft/game room and got it from Sears (we don't get basements where I am in CA; wish we could :frown:) Lucky dog. :smile:

I saw several pool tables, table tennis and combos at Sears - recreational grade, but pretty nice for the price. I don't know if they deliver.

OTOH, if you want a real players billiard table, you would want to look at a real table builder. I'm sure someone here has a lead on one of those.

Delivery on a pool table can be expensive, factor that in, also I paid $200 to set it up, and while it didn't look too hard I am glad I just paid someone so I could avoid the headache. My experience with the combinations is that they are sub par to the separate ones. Which is why I bought a separate wuality made pool table and will get a separate ping pong table. I guess it depends on what you like. I like both games a lot and probably prefer ping pong, but you can't play ping pong by yourself...unless your forrest gump.

I like pool tables b/c people actually use them (can even use it for more than pool:wink: occasionally, just get some back-up felt ready) . All the rest of the basement fillers just end up collecting dust (mark my words).

Check craigslist for one.

if you're actually going to play pool, and competitively, don't settle for the cheap crap. Look to spend at least 2 - 3k for a decent one. The names Brunswick, Diamond, and Olhausen are what you should stick with. Also try and get at least an 8' table, otherwise if that's too big, stick with an air hockey or ping pong table since it's not very fun playing on small tables...at least for me.

I hate playing on crappy tables because it's so much harder to control the cue ball compared to competition standard tables. :cool:

mike you forgot the stripper pole....:biggrin:
pic%20-%20stripper%20with%20pole.gif

wird...:rolleyes:

I already have a stripper pole, when you can get away on a saturday night...You might have to come by for a House Party. Kegerator is on the way as we speak, as well as the poker tables. Thats correct, tables:biggrin: Couches are coming on on Wed. and the 72 inch TV is already set up.:biggrin:

I already have a stripper pole, when you can get away on a saturday night...You might have to come by for a House Party. Kegerator is on the way as we speak, as well as the poker tables. Thats correct, tables:biggrin: Couches are coming on on Wed. and the 72 inch TV is already set up.:biggrin:

Last time you told me you had a house that would make my head spin, i haven't seen it and my head is spinning.:biggrin:

Last time you told me you had a house that would make my head spin, i haven't seen it and my head is spinning.:biggrin:

Its "Baller Status" :biggrin: Its a slow process but she's coming along. The basement took almost 5 months to finish but I gutted and started from scratch. French drains, sump pumps, bathroom with showroom, theater room, marble bar....pain in the ass but came out sick:biggrin:

Its "Baller Status" :biggrin: Its a slow process but she's coming along. The basement took almost 5 months to finish but I gutted and started from scratch. French drains, sump pumps, bathroom with showroom, theater room, marble bar....pain in the ass but came out sick:biggrin:

wtf IS THE SQ feet of your house? and basement? PICS??????????

Check your local billiards shop...they may have 2006 models still on the floor. I bought a floor model and they included a new felt cover in the color of my choice. I agree, if you like pool (I stink at it) a dedicated pool table is the way to go. Good luck.

Jeff

Im going to measure the dimensions tonight, I'll be taking advantage of the hook up tommorow. Do you suggest a stationary or rolling table?

Definitely get a rollaway table for basement and recreational use. Stationaries are really for professional clubs and international competitions. :smile:

Butterfly is the leader in the table tennis industry. No comparison to the table tennis equipments you get at Sears or your local sporting goods stores.

Definitely get a rollaway table for basement and recreational use. Stationaries are really for professional clubs and international competitions. :smile:

Butterfly is the leader in the table tennis industry. No comparison to the table tennis equipments you get at Sears or your local sporting goods stores.

PM sent. Think I'll be playing ping pong and getting ready for the Family Guy/American Dad/ROME combo on Sunday? Ill buy now:biggrin: Im ready to order:wink:

Back