• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pioneer avic d3 install help.. popping sound from speakers

I just bought the avic d3 for my 03 nsx and am having trouble with the install. I am using the factory bose and keep getting a popping sound when I turn off my car. I tried grounding everything in different locations. Also grounded the pioneer ground seperate from the ground in the harness. Used the amp lead instead of the antenna lead, that stopped it from popping when I turn on the car. But I still get a pop when I turn it off. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I cant help you , but I just wanted you to know your not alone. I did the same install this weekend (avic d3 with oem speakers) and mine does the same thing.

Any luck on the popping sound??? I am still trying different things. Let me know if you figure it out and I will do the same.
Thanks

Hey tbeaty,

I just solved the problem. I used a relay switch.... Connect the yellow wire in the clock as the switch/trigger, use the amp wire from the avic-d3 as the 12 volt constant, and connect the blue antenna wire in the factory wiring harness as the lead out, and ground the other wire. It stops the popping sound both when you turn on the car and when you turn it off. Works great except the antenna is always up when I turn on the car. But I am working on that next. Small price to pay to stop the popping sound which could blow the speakers.

I will post pictures soon.

Back