• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pix of us running with the bulls

Personally, I think this car stole the show...

-N

PS -- anybody get the story on that LeBaron that pulled in with the Masserati logos? I swore it was Jon Voit's car (the actor? the dentist?) </seinfeld_quote>

Attachments

• p5011485.jpg
    p5011485.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 618
PS -- anybody get the story on that LeBaron that pulled in with the Masserati logos? I swore it was Jon Voit's car (the actor? the dentist?)

Believe it or not...that was a joint venture between Masserati and Chrysler, no joke. Just a horrible site.

I really like that black kit car that was parked beside the Mercialago. Looks like a bunch of people were interested in it.
Is it based on a VW chassis? j/k

Great pics. I enjoyed meeting the NSX crew - a friendly & lively bunch. As the day unfolded I gained an increased respect for the 2nd gen NSXs that sandwiched my '77 Maserati Khamsin through the winding roads to VT. They were great performers through the twisties and when passing unsuspecting motorists. The NSX behind me was very cordial while he waited for me to get to full speed, but then he'd catch me mighty quickly!

attitude928 said:
Great pics. I enjoyed meeting the NSX crew - a friendly & lively bunch. As the day unfolded I gained an increased respect for the 2nd gen NSXs that sandwiched my '77 Maserati Khamsin through the winding roads to VT. They were great performers through the twisties and when passing unsuspecting motorists. The NSX behind me was very cordial while he waited for me to get to full speed, but then he'd catch me mighty quickly!

fabc4667.jpg

That was the Iso Griffo... Man was that car something to behold... Absolutely gorgeous and running incredibly strong...

Tony Montoya said:
I really like that black kit car that was parked beside the Mercialago. Looks like a bunch of people were interested in it.
Is it based on a VW chassis? j/k
lol I wish you could get a VW to look this exotic. :)
gallardo5.jpg

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT I now hate the French for Keeping me at Charles De Gaulle for so long!!!!! I wanted to go on this one!!! AAHHH!!!!!:mad:

Yeah, I love the display as well. I don't know why only GM uses this technology as mainstream. I never know how fast I'm going because I don't want to look down at my speedo at high speeds. The only way I know I'm passing 120 is because my targa develops a wind leak:):)

Bailey, is there a aftermarket source for putting a heads-up display in the NSX?? I think it would be a great idea.

jadkar said:
Yeah, I love the display as well. I don't know why only GM uses this technology as mainstream. I never know how fast I'm going because I don't want to look down at my speedo at high speeds. The only way I know I'm passing 120 is because my targa develops a wind leak:):)

Bailey, is there a aftermarket source for putting a heads-up display in the NSX?? I think it would be a great idea.

Yah it really is a nice feature. I hardly ever glance at the actual speedo and tach much anymore. The 01 Z06s did not come with a HUD, but there are plenty of people who retrofit the HUD to their older Zs. Just one word of caution: the Z06 has a special film/coating to the window to help reflect the projection. As such with regular glass it may not project quite right.

Great little feature.

-N

regular glass projects it just fine, i retrofitted my HUD into my buddies Z06. I never really used the feature, i am more concerned with my rpms then i am with my speed:)

rob - I don't want to distort this thread anymore, I may just PM you. I was wondering what electrical leads this unit taps into in the vette, I would love to explore retrofiting it in a NSX. I at least want to see how possible it may be.

While it is direct bolt-in to Z06s (and other GM cars that have this option), I'm not sure about splicing it into your system. I would imagine its not like doing a shift light :)

And while Rob is correct it will work, it is worth noting that all GM HUD equipped cars have special glass. Will it work without the glass? Yes, but we all know GM is cheap, if they didn't need the glass they wouldn't have put it in.

You may want to search the corvette boards for the retrofit proceedure. But essentially the proceedure is to swap a non-HUD dash for a HUD dash.

-N

Rob tells me that the unit is about the size of a vhs tape....having taken apart my dash to install guages b4 i can tell you the room is limited .....besides this problem the angle of the nsx glass may not produce a good image because of the pitch.

Back