• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Plans for NSXpo '08

Especially for those of you in the greater Bay Area...

Who's planning to go? It's in Portland, OR next year and I intend to go. I'm as sure as one can be this far in advance. It's maybe a little too early to have a list, but what the heck.

Something I'm interested in doing is shipping the car there. But I think it might come down to what the cost is. I'll get around to looking into transport costs but is there anyone out there that has already done that type of thing that might be able to chime in with their experience?

J

FWIW, I just did a credit-card-camping road trip to Oregon/Washington last week. Threw the bike in the hybrid and did some cycling in the NW back country.

Drive time from Portland back to Mt. Hamilton, SJ was about 9 hours flat, with only two gas/coffee stops. I'm sure you could do better in the NSX, but there were a fair number of state troopers in both OR and CA so I wouldn't advise going much faster. The drive isn't that scenic - on the CA side, only Mt. Shasta was really interesting. So it wouldn't be unreasonable to drive out, but you will collect a bunch of bugs along the way...

Especially for those of you in the greater Bay Area...

Who's planning to go? It's in Portland, OR next year and I intend to go. I'm as sure as one can be this far in advance. It's maybe a little too early to have a list, but what the heck.

Something I'm interested in doing is shipping the car there. But I think it might come down to what the cost is. I'll get around to looking into transport costs but is there anyone out there that has already done that type of thing that might be able to chime in with their experience?

J

you know I am in:biggrin: , kinda wanna drive depending on the time of year... but would be interested in a good transport too... waiting for the dates to be posted so I can put in for the time asap.

Well, they're always in October, no? The exact dates aren't always the same but at least we know the time of year. I'd be down for driving except that I'd have the drive back too, and after that weekend I'd rather be on a plane than driving for 9 hours. For me, the preference is to transport with the fallback plan being driving.

BGJ

Well, they're always in October, no? The exact dates aren't always the same but at least we know the time of year. I'd be down for driving except that I'd have the drive back too, and after that weekend I'd rather be on a plane than driving for 9 hours. For me, the preference is to transport with the fallback plan being driving.

BGJ

Transport of course! Who's wants to drive home for 9 hours with a hangover? :tongue:

BGJ

what aout driving there and arranging the transport back?? :biggrin: but I am sure you guys are right 9 hours is a little long even for the most hardcore drivers... lets start getting some pricing and stuff...

FWIW, I just did a credit-card-camping road trip to Oregon/Washington last week. Threw the bike in the hybrid and did some cycling in the NW back country.

Drive time from Portland back to Mt. Hamilton, SJ was about 9 hours flat, with only two gas/coffee stops. I'm sure you could do better in the NSX, but there were a fair number of state troopers in both OR and CA so I wouldn't advise going much faster. The drive isn't that scenic - on the CA side, only Mt. Shasta was really interesting. So it wouldn't be unreasonable to drive out, but you will collect a bunch of bugs along the way...
THE COAST ROUTE WOULD BE MUCH MORE SCENIC. I MAY USE CLOSED TRAILER & DRIVE NSX FROM COOS BAY OR OTHER OR. LOCATION.

I'll be there..... one way or the other. :biggrin:

HOLY CRAP! Really? S&*T mind if I tag along, even if I dont' get anyone to come with me, aside from my wife? The sight of 100 Nsx's in person would kindof be like a life time achievement award in it's own right!

Make sure you get to Portland next year then. I think we'll beat it :wink: .

We'll be dragging the NSX on a trailer from Indianapolis, but we'll be there.

Offiical dates for NSXPO next year:

Social events Sept. 25-28th 2008, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Track event Sept. 29-30th 2008 at PIR

Mark your calendars now. Tell the boss that you will be out of town that week and make a deal with the spouse well in advance.:biggrin:

Tom

Im 100% in, The NE will be representing:wink:

Mark your calendars now. Tell the boss that you will be out of town that week and make a deal with the spouse well in advance.:biggrin:

Exactly. I don't want to hear any "I got a meeting that week" crapola. You got plenty of warning -- get there :D!

Offiical dates for NSXPO next year:

Social events Sept. 25-28th 2008, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Track event Sept. 29-30th 2008 at PIR

Tom

Has track time already been reserved? Usually you can not make track reservations this far in advance.

Back