• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Plans for NSXpo '08

Make sure you get to Portland next year then. I think we'll beat it :wink: .
Portand..NP!!! I used to go to PIR for track schoolin' way back when. Hope I get to know enough of you guys by then, so wont' be the lone ranger down there :( I don't think I will participate in any track events, so is it ok to be just a spectator there?

Portand..NP!!! I used to go to PIR for track schoolin' way back when. Hope I get to know enough of you guys by then, so wont' be the lone ranger down there :( I don't think I will participate in any track events, so is it ok to be just a spectator there?
Don't worry about how many people you know beforehand. NSX owners tend to be some of the friendliest (and also most good-looking) people on the planet. If you show up in an NSX with no friends, you'll leave with your NSX and a hundred new friends.

Spectatin's fine. I've been to two NSXPOs, and at the first one I didn't do any track stuff at all, and had a great time. The second one I did the AutoX and had an even better time ;). I might have to get out on the track this time 'round...

Offiical dates for NSXPO next year:

Social events Sept. 25-28th 2008, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Track event Sept. 29-30th 2008 at PIR

Mark your calendars now.

I'm planning to be there.

I might be trailering one NSX up with the Land Cruiser, and possibly having someone drive the other one up with me.

Don't worry about how many people you know beforehand. NSX owners tend to be some of the friendliest (and also most good-looking) people on the planet. If you show up in an NSX with no friends, you'll leave with your NSX and a hundred new friends.

Spectatin's fine. I've been to two NSXPOs, and at the first one I didn't do any track stuff at all, and had a great time. The second one I did the AutoX and had an even better time ;). I might have to get out on the track this time 'round...
THx flaminio...any suggestions on the functions there like food etc? Unless there is a bbq there etc, i rem the closest kfc in just intown. What are some of the things to expect?

THx flaminio...any suggestions on the functions there like food etc? Unless there is a bbq there etc, i rem the closest kfc in just intown. What are some of the things to expect?
When you go to NSXPO, meals are included in your registration. The food is usually upscale food at sit-down banquets (some meals served buffet style, others served "plated" where they bring you the food). It's all part of the package.

I have 2 homes up there so I'll be at this event for sure.....hopefully by then I can find my 02+ white NSX but the drive fellas is breathtaking once you hit Crater Lake! :biggrin:

Over the past 7 years I've driven up to Portland 8 times in 3 different types of cars: SUV for camping, s2000 one way trip, and twice in my M3 for car shows.....

Couple tips:

1) Make sure you have a V-1 since Oregon state troopers have no concealment laws so they hide quite often behind those radar "signs" and their cars are all BLACK!

2) Allocate a day's drive to enjoy the scenery - yes you can make it in 9 hours roughly if you only stop twice but no fun. I always stop along the highway for some breathtaking pics neat Mt. Shasta

3) A few great restaurants along the way in small towns and always fun to see the local's faces as you pull in....hehe

4) Great outlet mall as you are approaching Portland in Woodburn, OR

5) Watch out near Redding, CA as there are a few speed traps there by motorcycle cops

I'm pretty sure I'll be at this event but I'm hoping to have my NSX by then so I can roll with you guys. Otherwise I'll probably just bring the P-car since its' being stored at my Oregon home :)

rick

I'll be going and am considering driving there. I love driving this car.

Transports for a 9 hour drive? Wouldn't it be easier and less expensive to just drive half way get a room and finish the drive the next day if it is too much for you in one stretch?

Transports for a 9 hour drive? Wouldn't it be easier and less expensive to just drive half way get a room and finish the drive the next day if it is too much for you in one stretch?

Nine hours is a cakewalk in an NSX -- easily doable in a day. If they're transporting, it's for a different reason than the time distance.

For me, it's about minimizing required days off from work and saving them for other things like Christmas and Thanksgiving. The less time I spend driving to an event, the more time I have *for* the event.

In the case of NSXPO next year, if I drive I'd need to take three days off for the track sessions and six days off if I want to participate in the social events as well. In contrast, if I transport my car I only need two days or four days, respectively. That two day difference may determine whether I have to return to work between Christmas and New Year's or not!

Oh, and plus I'm lazy...

J

Oh, and plus I'm lazy...

J

there we go fixed ;)

I am super excited I can't wait to go... we better do more than a 100, otherwise it will just be the driving ambition meet :p

K I gotta stop thinking about htis its a year away and I have already got the time off, wife ok'd it, and am saving for the events... has anyone else been told that it has alot of "gentlemans clubs" considering how big the area is, that is the first thing a couple buddies that have raced up there have said :)
MAYBE WE COULD HAVE A LUNCH PLANNED THERE LOL!!

and let the record show I am not a perv who goes all the time but in big groups its always fun ;)

When you go to NSXPO, meals are included in your registration. The food is usually upscale food at sit-down banquets (some meals served buffet style, others served "plated" where they bring you the food). It's all part of the package.
I don't think we can ever top the awesome 1999 Monterey NSXPO meals, not to mention the final adjusted admission fee for the event. The Embassy buffets are just boring.
Steve

I don't think we can ever top the awesome 1999 Monterey NSXPO meals, not to mention the final adjusted admission fee for the event. The Embassy buffets are just boring.
Steve

Does anyone have any pics of the 1999 NSXPO in Monterey? I like to see them.
I'm not sure about driving that far. Have fun!!

Click here.

You wouldn't go less than a day's drive for the best time you will ever have with your NSX?

I've never been to an NSXPO. Not sure what it's all about. I know that I had lots of fun at ALMS last weekend. There were lots of NSX's at Laguna. Is the NSXPO have the same type of set up and event? This is kind of new to a few of us.

I've never been to an NSXPO. Not sure what it's all about.
It's about fun. It's about cars. It's about driving. It's about eating. It's about hanging with friends, many of which you only see every other year or so. It's about meeting new friends.

It's about the NSX.

Don't worry about the drive. You won't be alone. Hook up with one of the many caravans that'll be heading north. Being part of 30+ NSXen on the road together is an experience you won't forget.

There's a meeting tonight about it. PM me if you want to go.

I'm planning on going. I just don't know if I'll try and take in the whole thing, or just some of it. I've got more days of vacation I'm planning on taking than days of vacation earned. I may have to take some time off without pay to do everything I want to do this next year.:confused:

Will be there and will drive from So. Calif. - After driving to NSXPO in PA, this will be a snap! Should be able to up a caravan with about 30 NSX's!!!!:smile:
NSXTCEE

We have a batch of CANADIANS from Ontario planning on going - we're looking at transport options as well - we'll probably haul to BC and drive down!!

Watch out for the Canadian Embassy 2008 - beer and caffeine pills served 24 hours a day!:biggrin:

Back