• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Plastic wheel rings needed??

I just changed my rims from crappy aftermarket ones back to stock (polished) rims. When I took off my old rims, there were these plastic rings around the hubs. I presume these were to "center" the hubs since the aftermarket hub diameter was slightly larger than stock. Do I need these plastic rings on the stock rims? (I must admit that I already installed them last nite without the rings and everything seems fine. I also looked in the owners manual and there is no plastic rings there either)

Thanks,

Dave

no need...

Using OEM NSX wheels on your NSX shouldn't warrant the use of hub-centric wheels, as the hub-bore size on NSX the matches the OEM wheels precisely.

And as I'm sure you know, the NSX has a different hub-bore size for the the front and rear... so the 15x6.5, 16x7, and 17x7 'front' OEM wheels must remain on the front and the 16x8, 17x8x5, and 17x9 'rear' OEM wheels must remain on the rear! :cool:

Back