• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PLEASE ADVISE! 2000 OEM Keyless Entry No Longer Functional

Long story short, a stupid mistake. A friend was helping me installing a new battery around 10pm for a midnight cruise. Without looking, he placed the battery reverse so now the positive is on the negative terminal and vice versa. The horn came on for few seconds as soon as we made contact. I stepped in and disconnected one of the side as soon as I realized what just happened. Looks like we only blew the 120A ACG fuse and after replacing that the car came back to life again. No CEL and everything checked out good. The only remaining problem we see at the moment is the OEM keyless entry no longer working. We tested with both remotes so it's safe to say it can't be the remote. Now I'm afraid there might be other unknown problems. Anyone know what else to check or how to reset the keyless unit if possible? Thanks!

So I was over at an Acura dealer and asked one of their tech about what could possibly cause my keyless entry to stop functioning after that ordeal and he said chances are we might wiped out the memory or fried one of the chip. That was not the response I want to hear so I came home feeling a little upset.

Thanks TyraNSX. You're correct my friend. It's the fuse under the glove-box. My keyless entry and alarm is working again after replacing the 3A fuse and it only cost me about $3 to get 5 of them. Now I have plenty to spare.

I also found this link to be helpful locating the fuse.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...yless-entry-system-is-not-working-ARGH!!-HELP!!

Last edited:
What's the cost for the new friends on Prime? PRICELESS..............

Back