• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please help me say no to a 2005

My 1991 Black/Ivory, still new to me, is in tears as I stumbled on JHNA216455000143, a 2005 Laguna/? (mustard yellow) Targa with 7900 miles on it!
Local ACURA dealer has the car; asking $61K with insinuated room to negotiate. Said to be a Colorado car sold when the onwer bought a 911.
Anyone know the car or willing to hazzard an opinion on the prospective purchase?
Michael

Last edited:
Your question and inquiries about the details of the car lead me to conclude that you don't want to say no.

It's quite simple- you can either end up with two NSX (with one being a garage queen for $60K) or stop looking at 05's and enjoy the gem you already have. 0.02

My 1991 Black/Ivory, still new to me, is in tears as I stumbled on JHNA216455000143, a 2005 Laguna/? (mustard yellow) Targa with 7900 miles on it!
Local ACURA dealer has the car; asking $61K with insinuated room to negotiate. Said to be a Colorado car sold when the onwer bought a 911.
Anyone know the car or willing to hazzard an opinion on the prospective purchase?
Michael

sell me your 91 so you can go get that 05!

DO IT !!!
You have a LOT newer car. Bigger, better engine and a host of other upgrades that you would basically never be able to do to your current car.
It's only money.

Is it a yellow interior or onyx? To me, that makes a sizable difference in the likely sales price.

I have no idea what color combo this car is by your decription but the price seems pretty low. Rare car. Last model year made. Great time to be buying. If you can afford it, do it.

You came to the wrong place to ask for help to not buy a newer NSX. Personally, its always alluring to get something newer. But after a while its the same feeling.

Last edited:
LOL.... yeah look who you asking:

drugaddict_228x346.jpg

Great comments folks.
Other than the money and the mustard yellow interior, there is a small headroom issue as well. (I drove the car and it seems to have an extra bolster at the back edge of the roof making head clearance an issue. Maybe it was just the seat settings.))
I have been in the garage polishing the 91 Black/Ivory and think I will stick with it. If money were no object: two NSXs and put an ivory interior in the 05. :biggrin:
Many thanks for your input... and the one offer to buy my current car.

The yellow/yellow is a much less desirable color combo. I know there are people that like it, but that sells for a several thousand dollar discount versus more standard colors.

The bolster that you speak of is likely related to the targa top.

Liquid is right - I've seen discounts you wouldn't believe on the yellow interior. Some say they aren't that bad but then "they" don't get up till after dark most likely. LOL. That yellow will give you a wake up call - think you'd get tired of that really quick.

You've made a wise decision. And at least you know someone really would like to buy your car. So if a nice one comes along you can't say no too, hey, you'll be half way there or so.

It's a good time to buy. One day I may be thinking the same thing! I like what I have now too, but if I were to come into a bit more cash .......

Michael

You're referring to the one up at Radley Acura right?? If so, I drove it and liked it a lot. I considered it, but changed my mind and bought a 2004 in CA instead. In fact, I'm sitting at LAX right now catching a flight home, just finished the paperwork and handed them a check.

The 2005 is a great car - but I'm not fond of the blue. Also, if you look at the front bumper closely, the paint looks really weird (and wavey) from the application of the clearbra.

I drove it down Columbia Pike, right on Gallows, got on 495, and back off at Columbia Pike and looped around.

PS - I'm in the Fair Lakes area off Fairfax County Parkway. Feel free to PM me. :)

Last edited:
Michael, wasn't it just last weekend, you sat at my house and shook your head when my wife told you about the 97 "yellow" NSX I was first thinking about. And now this???? I love our Black 91's, even though yours has the funny Ivory inside. I thought we were going to exchange cars for a day (mods for stock), but this yellow 05 thing?? You know, your car could have been mine, except for you having a large garage. I'm so confused!!!!! I'm sorry I ever showed you that strech of road on Rt 650.:biggrin:

If you have the $'s go for it:smile:

Thanks for weighing in, Rich. What I wanted was all the updated stuff: targa, power steering, cd player, low mileage, warranty...and did I mention targa...and power steering :biggrin: All I went to the dealer for was a new lower lip for the front bumper (not sure you noticed but I had none!). I got on the parts guy for not warning me about the car being there. Just pulled up an it slapped me up the side of the head.
I am over it. Polished the car I have, drove it around, and was reluctant to put her away at the end of the day. Life is good.
Michael

You're referring to the one up at Radley Acura right?? If so, I drove it and liked it a lot. I considered it, but changed my mind and bought a 2004 in CA instead. In fact, I'm sitting at LAX right now catching a flight home, just finished the paperwork and handed them a check.

The 2005 is a great car - but I'm not fond of the blue. Also, if you look at the front bumper closely, the paint looks really weird (and wavey) from the application of the clearbra.

I drove it down Columbia Pike, right on Gallows, got on 495, and back off at Columbia Pike and looped around.

PS - I'm in the Fair Lakes area off Fairfax County Parkway. Feel free to PM me. :)
Congrats on the new car! It looks like we're gaining a lot of new owners in the area, especially with '02s on up.

Rich is just jealous 'cause he's Black/Black.
He saw my car (Black/Ivory) and cannot stand the shame :wink: Though I will say he has some attractive mods on his, it's still just B/B. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I see you have decided.

I was gonna say you could buy the new car, swap interiors, then sell the old car.:smile:

Back