• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please Help with my 98 nsx-t!

I bought my 1998 NSX-T in 2007 with 18' montegi 6 spoke chrome rims and Khumo Z sport tires, front and back. I have no confidence in the cars traction under hot and dry conditions. In the rain, these tires are deadly! For example, I've entered corners at 20 km/hr and had the front end slide forward and out with both TCS and ABS enabled!

My experience with other tires has been similar. My preference is towards the stock Bridgestone SO-2s ( 17 front, 18 rear).... but I have heard that both Michelin, Dunlop and Pirelli all make good overall performance rubber !

I'd love to hear any and all feedback to get me that confident rubber! :)

Thanks !

Mikey

It sounds as if you may have the wrong wheels and tires and on top of this you may have the wrong size tires and they may be old and dry -

The OEM tires are not S-02's - the OEM tires were actually stickier than that. This is whay I always tell people, the OEM tire was better than most "hi-performance" tires, so changing tires is often a downgrade.

In the rain, these tires are deadly! For example, I've entered corners at 20 km/hr and had the front end slide forward and out with both TCS and ABS enabled!

Mikey

Not saying the tires don't suck, but don't expect TCS or ABS to assist with lateral grip.

TCS is for rear traction when under acceleration the rear tires start spinning at a rate greater than the front tires.

ABS assists only when you are braking and a tire stops spinning relative to the rest of the tires. It's conceivable that ABS can assist during cornering if you are indeed on the brakes and a tire locks up, but from the way you described it in your note it sounds as though your expectation is that ABS and TCS assist in ways not necessarily designed in.

Maybe I've misinterpreted what you meant, apologies if so.

would love to read what exact tire size you have on.From what you have said I'm sure your front tires have very little to no tread depth.

Back