• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please pray for Mark Saladin (reds dad).

Hello everyone. I just called to speak with Mark just to see how he was doing and to see how his car was doing. His wife answered and said that Mark was in a terrible accident in his NSX. A drunk driver was in his lane and hit him head on. Totaled the car and put mark in critical condition. This was a few weeks ago when the colision occurred. I just found out. Please pray for him and his wife. He is still facing a couple more surgeries. Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to the car that Mark (reds dad on prime) bought from me. He and his wife are wonderful people.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132477

I hate to see these threads on prime...friggen drunk drivers:mad: there is no sense in any of these tragedies...our prayers are that he recovers..he only had 3 posts but his car looked great and he seemed to be very psyched about ownership..http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135533

Last edited:
Prayers to Mark and his family.

Sorry to hear this bad news. Mark; wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Hang in there. Jay

Prayers are with him. Thanks for letting the community know.

Please report on his condition if you get the opportunity.

i hope he will recovery quickly

this make me not want to upgrade to an aftermarket steering wheel, what if the air bags were not there?

hello all - thanks for all the well wishes and prayers as I will need every one of them for the road to my full recovery will be a long one. I only owned the nsx about 6 months and got about 1.5 k of seat time but what a machine. She was a hoot to drive. Thanks to Matt - d1 guy - for getting this out to Prime. I only posted a couple times but have been here as just a lurker a few years and really picked up a whole bunch of insight and a car to boot. Also thanks to John Vasos of AOB for calling my wife and comforting her in her time of this terrible news. I have learned after all this that it's the people not the car that brings us together as a community. I will keep all informed as well as I can as this comtinues. Man that car is well built- head on at 50 mph and I live to tell about it. I never saw the oncoming car in my lane as it was 1:30 in the morning and they didn't have their headlights on going southbound in my northbound land on an interstate. I was on my way home from work and forever my life was changed. Please always wear your safety belt and make sure your SRS system is working while driving on the public roads.The air bag worked just as Honda designed it. Again thanks for your well wishes and prayers. Mark

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your accident and hope that you have a speed recovery.

Excellent to see you posting and thanks for the update. Terrible when these things happen, senselessly.

Hopefully you have a speedy and full recovery.

Regards,
- Zishan

It's incredible that you are posting here so soon to tell us of your recovery. I hope that the person responsible will be held liable for all your damages and health issues. All my best to you, and please keep us posted.

hello all - thanks for all the well wishes and prayers as I will need every one of them for the road to my full recovery will be a long one. I only owned the nsx about 6 months and got about 1.5 k of seat time but what a machine. She was a hoot to drive. Thanks to Matt - d1 guy - for getting this out to Prime. I only posted a couple times but have been here as just a lurker a few years and really picked up a whole bunch of insight and a car to boot. Also thanks to John Vasos of AOB for calling my wife and comforting her in her time of this terrible news. I have learned after all this that it's the people not the car that brings us together as a community. I will keep all informed as well as I can as this comtinues. Man that car is well built- head on at 50 mph and I live to tell about it. I never saw the oncoming car in my lane as it was 1:30 in the morning and they didn't have their headlights on going southbound in my northbound land on an interstate. I was on my way home from work and forever my life was changed. Please always wear your safety belt and make sure your SRS system is working while driving on the public roads.The air bag worked just as Honda designed it. Again thanks for your well wishes and prayers. Mark

I just stumbled across this thread - what an incredible story.

Does anyone have an update on Mark Saladin? How is his recovery progressing? I can only hope and pray that his recovery has been as miraculous as the fact that he was posting coherently so shortly after such a horrendous accident.

Mark - God Bless you brother. Whatever your beliefs may be, I think it's reasonable to suggest that for you to have survived intact a head on collision on the interstate in an NSX is proof in itself that the good Lord must have some truly significant plans ahead for you. Glad you're still with us friend.

As an aside (and I honestly couldn't decide if it was appropriate to state this or not), it's oddly reassuring to know that I am driving a car capable of protecting me in the event of such a catastrophic occurence. I'm just sorry that a fellow Prime member had to pay such a high price for us to understand just how well our cars are constructed.

Godspeed Mark. Let us know how you're doin'...

Last edited:
Back