• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please read...

Red = not paid. You're name will be on the plaque. It's not going to break me if you don't pay - BUT your conscience might bother you when you see it. :smile:

Purple = No name, payment, or returned PM - didn't make list - sorry :frown:

I apollogize for the ambiguous title but I'm attempting to keep this post from being seen by the wrong eyes (John V's). :redface:
This post is for all those who appreciate John Vasos. If you have had any dealings with John (whether personal or business) and would like to add your name to a plaque being presented to him as a community "thank you" at this years NSXPO please read this post. I'm asking for $2.50 to cover the cost of engraving your name but if you can't cover it don't worry about it - I would just like to see as many people on this plaque as possible (though if you own an NSX and can't afford the $2.50 you may want to think about trading down :biggrin: ). Paypal = [email protected] (please state Prime ID & your name with payment but be sure you have also added yourself to the list here so you're not left out)

The current list...

1. MLmotorsport (full name)
2. Ryan Braithwaite (full name)
3. nsxtasy (full name)
4. Sean Williams (full name)
5. Gary Yates (full name)
6. Stephen Howe (full name)
7. Chandra Govind (full name)
8. mystican (full name)
9. Jim Bonkowski (full name)
10.Ghost
11.Jay444 (full name)
12.Troy Gilson (full name)
13.matteni (full name)
14.Chuck Mirenda (full name)
15.docjohn (full name)
16.Randy Johnson (full name)
17.Mike Jablo (full name)
18.Dave & Rae Talbot (full name)
19.DV8 (full name)
20.MJ (full name)
21.Russell Salerno (full name)
22.Chris Willson (full name)
23.Larry Bastanza (full name)
24.Stephen & Heather Woodall (full name)
25.Gary Kachadurian (full name)
26.NSX3.0 (full name)
27.Mark B. (full name)
28.Steve & Carol Henriksen (full name)
29.Ojas (full name)
30.titaniumdave (screenname)
31.cpmoran
32.96 NSX-T (full name)
33.Shad Huntley(full name)
34.Jason Jeray (full name c)
35.KGP (full name)
36.BioBanker (full name)
37.lvrdnsx (full name)
__. NSX Club of America (last on list)

...more are still welcome!

Last edited:
so far...

If anyone would like to donate or sell a piston that I can cut and mount (attached to the rod) let me know!

Thanks to all those who have added their name. Because we need time to make the plaque for NSXPO I will be closing this list next Tuesday (Sept 12). Thank you to those who have already paid - a special thank you to those who sent even more! The majority have yet to send payment. I am asking for $2.50 from each person to cover the cost of engraving. My PayPal is [email protected] or if you would like to pay by check/cash pm me for my address.

MLmotorsport said:
so far...

If anyone would like to donate or sell a piston that I can cut and mount (attached to the rod) let me know!
A very public demonstration of you polishing your rod...:eek:

Did you get your piston, I now have a collection and can cut one for you, I can even send a wrist pin cut in half...

Just PayPal'ed you, :redface: , thanks for putting this together...

Please see list at top of this page:

The names in:

Red = not paid

Purple = No name or payment yet

If I have you marked as unpaid in error please let me know.

Thanks to all who have participated in this tribute to John! There is still one more day to snag a spot on the plaque. The names will be engraved in a good size font (not magnifying glass material) and you will be able to see it at NSXPO '06 or somewhere at Acura of Brookfield (I assume) after that.

The list is closed and engraving has started. Thanks to all who have participated! I received a piston a couple days ago as a generous gift from Prime member Bram. He even shipped it free. Thanks man!
These things are ceramic coated and it's a pain to get that crap off but it tured out decent...

I now have a good collection of polishing tools at my disposal. I figure I have 30hrs or so in the project (rediculous, I know) but now that I kinda know what I'm doing I could do both the rod and piston in maybe 20hrs (that's doing it right). If that sounds rediculous you should see how they come.
I forgot to put all of the files that I used in this pic - and those few peices of sandpaper... multiply that by 20 and that's how much I used.

Now the pieces are off to TitaniumDave who is making a custom stainless steel plaque and mounting these puppies to it. It should be quite the piece when finished. :biggrin:

Looks great!! BIG thanx to you for all of your hard sweat that has gone into this whole project:biggrin: Great idea.
Can't wait to see the finished pic.

Michael, You"re welcome, I'm glad that I can help.
I'm sure the plaque will turn out awesome, with all the time you are spending on this project.

Bram

MLmotorsport said:
The list is closed and engraving has started. Thanks to all who have participated! I received a piston a couple days ago as a generous gift from Prime member Bram. He even shipped it free. Thanks man!
These things are ceramic coated and it's a pain to get that crap off but it tured out decent...

I now have a good collection of polishing tools at my disposal. I figure I have 30hrs or so in the project (rediculous, I know) but now that I kinda know what I'm doing I could do both the rod and piston in maybe 20hrs (that's doing it right). If that sounds rediculous you should see how they come.
I forgot to put all of the files that I used in this pic - and those few peices of sandpaper... multiply that by 20 and that's how much I used.

Now the pieces are off to TitaniumDave who is making a custom stainless steel plaque and mounting these puppies to it. It should be quite the piece when finished. :biggrin:

sorry to the husband/wife folks - engraver said we didn't have enough room to put more than one name per line and have it look right.

Looks great, Michael! Thanks for puttting this tribute together. I'm sure John will be honored.

BTW is it just me or is Ken's last name spelled a little weird??? :eek: :biggrin:

DV8 said:
Looks great, Michael! Thanks for puttting this tribute together. I'm sure John will be honored.

BTW is it just me or is Ken's last name spelled a little weird??? :eek: :biggrin:

Ken spells his name that way to emphasize the NSX.........keN SaX

So I dropped in yesterday to see John and my '92 (which is getting it's second heart transplant in 6 mos :frown: ). Thought I'd get a pic w/ him and the plaque while I was there. It's usually displayed in the case behind us next to my car in this pic.

click pic for larger version
see here for extra large version (not recommended :wink:)

Great, thanks again for organizing this and following up.I'm sure JV apreciates the jesture.:smile:

Ah crap. My car is up there now! I would have driven up to see it all had I known.

Nice work Michael. Really, really nice work.

MLmotorsport said:
Red = not paid

Please retract this slander! I always pay my bills!:biggrin:

Thanks guys. It was as much fun giving the plaque to John as it was making the thing (special thanks to titaniumdave for his help). I called John the day it arrived at the dealership and he was very humbled -"embarrased" in his own words. Thanks to all of you who jumped on board. I think it meant alot to him.

Sorry about the list of names at the beginning of this post but several people (whose names are still in red) have paid since then. I haven't been able to edit that post for a while now so let's just say everyone has paid at this point. :wink:

- The signature you see under the piston is none other than that of Mr. Uehara the "Father of the NSX". He signed it at NSXPO '06 along with about 50 other attendees/JV-fans who signed the backside of the plaque. -

Last edited:
Back