• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please restore price and close thread

Hey Bob , could you please restore price for this car & close thread because seller replaced price with "sold". Too bad these sellers don't read the sticky about this type of behavior. Thanks Bob.

"Due to overwhelming requests from our members, pricing history and product/vehicle descriptions are not to be edited out of ads after a sale has been completed. If you do edit your ad and remove that information, it will be added back anyway by a Moderator so please don't overwork our volunteers unnecessarily and simply state "Sold" rather than delete all relevant info and pricing."

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Red-Black-5-Speed-63-200-m-JH4NA1153MT003030

Last edited:
This could dampen increases in value in a rapidly appreciating market since buyers will refer to previous sales of a particular vin even if it where 6 months ago or 5 years ago and make buyers even more reluctant to understand how fast the market is increasing.

Details of private party transacrions is not generally public information, so what's the reasoning for recording on here forever along with the VIN?

Intrestingly enough when ive sold collector cars on otherforums it's the buyers that request price to be deleted for this very reason of anticipated appreciation.

In the case of prime sales thread that number does not even refer to an actual sales price and only the asking price, so it's utterly pointless anyway.

Not to mention I want prices deleted when i buy old cars since if I know its worth more $ and get an agreed value insurance policy for more money than i paid, I don't want to be accused of fraud.

And many times people in private party transactions and especially cash buyers or sometimes even sellers want diffrent numbers on sales agreement for whatever persoanl reasons they may have. Information posted here could put somone in trouble.

FWIW. that's just my opinion. :) seams like unecessary policing of private transactions.

Last edited:
This my opinion , this is a public forum. This is the inter web. There is no privacy on the inter web. There is no private transactions on a public forum. It's just a asking price and not a sold price , agreed , but it's a base point of current conditions. Most insurance companies understand appreciated values. What's wrong with some disclosure of price on a public forum. Again , my opinion.

I think (yes, I will chime in) that this is a forum for gathering, recording and distributing data. Data that informs people on topics ranging from how to fix their leaky taillights to how much to expect to pay for a car. I appreciate the detailed info. I also take some of it with the skepticism appropriate for a free-form and accessed data-stack.

I would love to see ALL VINs recorded along with a separate section for photographs of builds and yes, even wrecks. It would seem to me that our cars will be this generation's 1957 Chevy (i.e. a rapidly-appreciating classic.) I think the need for available data to the masses far outweighs individual specifics.

Yes, I used the "good of the larger community" argument here. I don't care what that makes me so long as I can find data and use it for my NSX needs. Thanks!

Last edited:
Rules defined by the site owner (s) are the costs of doing business on a free forum. If you don't like the rules you can make your own site or do business elsewhere.
Not trying to sound like a harda** but that is what it is. The site is for the community not individuals and not responsible for looking out for the near-term or long-term financial interests of individuals.
IMHO it is in the interest of the community to allow members to assess and track fair market value and agree with the greater good philosophy.
My .02 only...

This could dampen increases in value in a rapidly appreciating market since buyers will refer to previous sales of a particular vin even if it where 6 months ago or 5 years ago and make buyers even more reluctant to understand how fast the market is increasing.

Then that is the buyers problem, and if they don't want to pay the asking price, or close to it, they can walk away. There's always another car out there to buy, albeit probably not in the same condition.

Details of private party transacrions[sic] is not generally public information, so what's the reasoning for recording on here forever along with the VIN?

It's the same thing with real estate. You list a house for sale, and the public see's the listing on the MLS. You can then go to the tax collector website for that county and see how much the house sold for. You're in the construction business and flip properties, so it's no different.

Intrestingly[sic] enough when ive[sic] sold collector cars on otherforums[sic] it's the buyers that request price to be deleted for this very reason of anticipated appreciation.

I don't see the difference between this and eBay. Every auction that ends can still be found on eBay as long as you have the listing number. You can always find the final selling price.

In the case of prime sales thread that number does not even refer to an actual sales price and only the asking price, so it's utterly pointless anyway.

So if it's pointless, who gives a $hit.

Not to mention I want prices deleted when i buy old cars since if I know its worth more $ and get an agreed value insurance policy for more money than i paid, I don't want to be accused of fraud.

It's only fraud if you misrepresent the vehicle. Furthermore, if you want to insure a 1991 NSX for $250,000 you're going to have to pay the premium. I'm sure the insurance company will question a stated value that seems to far fetched. The insurance companies are not as dumb as you think they are.

And many times people in private party transactions and especially cash buyers or sometimes even sellers want diffrent[sic] numbers on sales agreement for whatever persoanl[sic] reasons they may have. Information posted here could put somone[sic] in trouble.

If you want to take that risk on cheating in paying sales tax, then that's your risk. Some states don't care about the sales receipt and will tax you based on their data. That happened to me when I had a legitimate sales receipt for a car that I bought at a wholesale price from a dealer. I was taxed on the retail price no matter how much I argued with the DMV.

FWIW. that's just my opinion. :) seams like unecessary[sic] policing of private transactions.

You are entitled to yours, just like I am mine. I just find it easier to play by the rules the older I get.

I agree with points taken by various members..
I had no personal intrest in the matter, since I haven't bought/sold a car on this forum in many years.

Was only an opinon. It's not my site so obviously it does not matter. Was just curious of what the point is of governing asking prices keeping in mind some complications that exist in the collector car world... nothing else.

Last edited:
I appreciate the input. Overall I feel the benefit of keeping historical asking prices on public ads (not the details of the actual transaction, which are indeed private unless someone chooses to share) is worthwhile. Same for requiring VINs. I know not everyone agrees with that, and it's not necessarily a matter of who is right or wrong, just different opinions and goals.

Back