• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Polish and Wax - Zaino

Has anyone ever tried Zaino polish and wax? I understand it is better than Zymol at a fraction of the cost and effort. What are you using for polish and wax?

Not again!

Try the search function 1st! This topic has seriously been beaten to death.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Hint: use of "Z" words and talks for such products are strongly avoided....ever seen the battles in Lord of the Ring II? it was pretty close to that the last time this topic came up....
smile.gif

go with the advise....try a search first.

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

[This message has been edited by Blue Knight (edited 05 March 2003).]

WOW! Sorry. I am new to the forum. Take it easy.

LOL, I love it! I'm going to end this once and for all by creating a blend of the two, a new product so supreme one application for the life of the car.To revive the show room luster for that just waxed look the activater is human saliva, so you'll thank those pesky vandals! I'll call this new product Zaimol and it will retail exclusivly at pepboys everwhere,don't be fooled by cheap imitation (relabeled) turtle wax.Tounge deaply in cheek!

I would like to know if the finish shines more if you spread the car with 100 percent synthetic motor oil than with conventional motor oil.

A sure cure to those pesky problems of which wax to use. Go get some spraypaint, flat colors only. Get some black, dark green, light green, and brown. Proper prep work requires you to roughen up the surface with 60 grit sandpaper. Need a good rough surface for proper adhesion. Then go to town painting your car with all 4 colors, make fancy patterns. Then you can be the proud owner of the only camoflouged NSX done military/redneck style. And you can throw away all of those bottles of wax, pure 100% cotton towels, etc. And if you ever get a door ding, just grab a can of paint and a quick touch-up is only seconds away.

Come on everyone be nice.

This seems to be a very touchy subject here. I would say preference is probably split 50/50. I recommend doing a search.

Maybe this is something Lud might add to the FAQ since it comes up so much. A list of pros and cons from both sides.

Good luck, I doubt you will be disappointed no matter which you choose.

Originally posted by nsx4fun:
A sure cure to those pesky problems of which wax to use. Go get some spraypaint, flat colors only. Get some black, dark green, light green, and brown. Proper prep work requires you to roughen up the surface with 60 grit sandpaper. Need a good rough surface for proper adhesion. Then go to town painting your car with all 4 colors, make fancy patterns. Then you can be the proud owner of the only camoflouged NSX done military/redneck style. And you can throw away all of those bottles of wax, pure 100% cotton towels, etc. And if you ever get a door ding, just grab a can of paint and a quick touch-up is only seconds away.

So....you're the man behind the ideas of the 2Fast2Furious NSXs.....

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:
I recommend doing a search.

My thoughts exactly. (Surprised?
wink.gif
)

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:
Maybe this is something Lud might add to the FAQ since it comes up so much. A list of pros and cons from both sides.

You mean like this and this?

I use Comet applied liberally to 000 steel wool using an up and down motion. Remove the haze with a very light application of mineral spirits. (just use your hand to apply this step) Follow up by buffing vigorously with a pine cone in a circular motion. Applying just enough pressure so your knuckles turn white 'til you achieve a deep gloss shine. Rinse and repeat if necessary.

I love all of these alternative methods!I also enjoy that we can have a laugh at ourselves and the ideocyncrisies(sp)of the community.

OK, Dtrigg, here is a more serious answer than my last one. I did a google search last year, and found the following
http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

So I decided to give Zaino a try (a co-worker with a brand new vette swore by it), and I will have to say I am very pleased with the results.

Having never tried Zymol, I can't say from experience which is better, but I was using this pink stuff I got at a local car show and I decided I wasn't happy with it, and that is what triggered me to do some research.

Whatever you use, its all in the prep work and it pays off, vice just washing and applying the final product. Ask any detailer, especially those who like the long lasting synthetic polymer based polishes, the end result is the time, $$, or effort you expend before you apply it!

Originally posted by nsx4fun:
I was using this pink stuff I got at a local car show

Hey I think I got some of the same stuff from a home & garden show! I tried to clean my oxodized door knob with it, and it didn't work too well either.
frown.gif

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Hey I think I got some of the same stuff from a home & garden show! I tried to clean my oxodized door knob with it, and it didn't work too well either.
frown.gif

I got some of that pink stuff at the NY Auto Show, and on the demo car it seemed to work real well, so I tried it on my yellow Vette, now I have a Yellow NSX, boy that stuff is real powerful!!! It must work great as I love the NSX. Maybe I'll try it on my daughter's red Subaru, and see what that turns into!!!

Dtrigg,

Your question, I believe, is what wax are you using. I am using Zaino and would not consider any other for I have tried them all. If you follow their directions you will not be disappointed with the results.

Dtrigg,

Your question, I believe, is what wax are you using. I am using Zymol and would not consider any other for I have tried them all. If you follow their directions you will not be disappointed with the results.

Back