• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poll What needs to be changed or fixed on the NC1 to make it a more perfect car?

What can Honda/Acura fix, improve, add to make the NC1 a more perfect car?

• Add Honda Safety features that can be on or off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allow guages of choice in any driving mode

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Changes that Honda/Acura should consider to make the NC1 a more perfect car? Skip the price argument and focus on the car itself

1 Add blind spot warning, reverse collision warning etcetera, with on/off capability.
2 Allow gauge visibility by choice in any driving mode.

Last edited:
So obviously I need to help in putting together a poll to see what the community thinks would make a better car. I tried to cancel this post but cannot find the methodology to do so. Help?

Changes that Honda/Acura should consider to make the NC1 a more perfect car? Skip the price argument and focus on the car itself

1 Add blind spot warning, reverse collision warning etcetera, with on/off capability.
2 Allow gauge visibility by choice in any driving mode.

It's hard to do as a poll, since there could be multiple combinations. Here's what I would suggest as a fairly comprehensive list of improvements, but these aren't deal breakers for me. I could care less about the ADAS features, but others may want them. To me, it makes for a lazy and disengaged driver.

Driving and performance experience
  • User-configurable drive modes: custom configure AWD/RWD mode, torque-vectoring on/off, suspension comfort/sport/track, exhaust, gauges, VSA levels, etc.
  • Ability to down-shift into 1st gear
  • Cross-drilled or slotted iron rotors
  • More pronounced downshift rev-matching and throttle blip at slower speeds and lower RPMs
  • Additional exhaust configuration to bypass mufflers for the outer exhaust pipes
  • Burn-out mode (disable front motors for RWD mode) :biggrin:
  • Audible shift alerts for up-shifting at the peak of the power curve

Safety and usability experience
  • Parking features: curb alert/warning system, front-lift air suspension, 360-degree camera view
  • Safety features: BSM (blind-spot monitor), RCTA (rear cross-traffic alert), 360-degree camera view
  • ADAS features: ACC (adaptive cruise control), LDW (lane departure warning), LKA (lane keep assist)

In-cabin experience
  • Improved infotainment and voice recognition system
  • Wireless CarPlay
  • Larger sun visors with lighted vanity mirrors
  • Aluminum dial for the Dynamic Mode control

Aesthetic experience
  • Side-specific directional wheels
  • Cross-drilled pedals (a la S2000)
  • Ultra-white pearl (i.e. 130r white but with pearl)

Last edited:
Very thin, very lightweight carbon seats ala McLaren, GT3 RS, Scud/Speciale, etc.
carbon ceramic brakes standard
another 100 hp
more carbon options that actually cut weight, not decorative (maybe only for Type S or NSX-R if they ever realize they need to build one)

many good suggestions...I would just reiterate the need for bespokeness ....the car can't have limited color/material options like all the rest of the acura lineup...

I agree, docjohn. In fact, it seems like a no-brainer. With only single digits sold per month, it is already a hand-produced machine that gets lots of individual touch labor. It really seems like it wouldn't cost Acura anything to offer many more choices (just one thought is why put the alcantara headliner in a package with all the interior carbon fiber bits, for that matter why only offer all the interior carbon bits together rather than individually). Offer a custom paint option like Porsche does (and charge accordingly). Make the process of selecting and buying the car as special as driving it ultimately will be.

agree..most of the owners who post here on prime( thank you for sticking around despite the critical commentary) are less driven by $ amounts, but more about what the car is and delivers so I would think there is a market for the increased customization...

exactly.....who needs piped in engine sounds when you got a freeken head cleaner...hmm wonder what the recommended service interval on the reservoir would be...:eek:

1. Larger gas tanks to increase range. Another 2 gal would fix it.
2. door pockets for misc. items. easy fix
3. upgrade interior swith gear with metal or carbon fiber.
4. Lose phony lug bolt caps and have more stylized wheel fasteners.
5. I like the exhaust but I'm old. Too many problems going with aftermarket (CEL).
6. front end lift.

Jimmy aka sled driver

I like a lot of what I have seen short the cassette deck....As for the lug bolt caps. Funny you should mention those. My Volvo XC90 has chrome plastic covers that go over the steel lug bolts. I noticed when I got my car that it had a bag of black plastic covers. I wondered what they were for. Then I noticed that my car had spacers on the front and rear that required longer lug bolts. I would admit that kind of stuff is cool looking. I remember when various people were selling Titanium Lug Bolts for our early NSX cars. I really liked the look.

I updated my original list and added:

• Audible shift alerts for up-shifting at the peak of the power curve

I also modified the bullet about improved infotainment system to also cover improve voice recognition. Man, did I have a struggle with that one last night on the way home from work. You're supposed to be able to say "air conditioner on" and "air conditioner off" to turn on/off the AC. Well, every time I said "air conditioner on" or "AC on", it kept replying back "air conditioner climate control off". I tried a half-dozen times until I finally felt like I wanted to reach out and punch someone. I gave up and used my finger on the touchscreen.

1. front end lift
2. 100-150 HP more. Easy to squeeze more boost from ICE or more juice from electric motors. 37hp is a joke.
3. more sound. needs more loud in track.
4. better infotainment.
5. more upscale interior
6. more customization choices
7. BIG ASS WING option

Power folding mirrors and adaptive cruise.

A lighted mirror in the passenger visor.

I have to preface my response with I don't own a NC1 (NA2 owner though) yet and I've only sat in the car once at a car show, but am planning to purchase one this year. It would be nice it it had more interior storage cubbies....

The visor mirrors aren't lighted ?

The visors don't have mirrors. So [MENTION=26919]bngl3rt[/MENTION] is asking for both a mirror and a light. The visors themselves are well, light.

Back