• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poll: Which one would you get?

http://goldfarb.com/nsx4sale/
OR http://www.trisoftco.com/nsx/index.html

I am located in California, and am limited to purchasing one from this state due to my bank's policy.
I was considering a white '93 in AZ, but as stated above I was unable to follow through on it.

I would like to come up with a conclusion soon. I am going ot have a friend in LA area go look and drive them within the next week for me.

I would get the 92 black one, no doubt.
It looks like that guy really took care of that car and with all the extras (exhaust, intake, wheels, etc.) he has invested in it it's a bargain compared to the other one of the same price.
Just make sure you get a mechanic you really trust to give it an inspection.
Good luck!

The green one has been for sale for a long time, I suspect that there is something wrong with it that does not overtly show in the pictures but does in person.

Go with the black.

Try looking into a different lender. I used PeopleFirst.com, and they allow you to purchase any car, any year, any amount and in any State. Just an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_7126.jpg
    IMG_7126.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6588.jpg
    IMG_6588.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6278.jpg
    IMG_6278.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 6 NSX's.jpg
    6 NSX's.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 2
  • His & Hers (1).jpg
    His & Hers (1).jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Jeff500-17-1333.jpg
    Jeff500-17-1333.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 2
I got an email from a guy that looked at it and test drove the BRG one a month ago and said it was better than 5 others he test drove. He said it was very solid and had no blemishes. He had more money than originally expected and bought a newer '97+ model.

Attachments

• IMG_3331.jpg
    IMG_3331.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 5
Wow, that black one is the way to go! I have a black one myself and live really close to the Trisoft one if you need someone to check it out.

The black NSX looks great, but a couple of things that would worry me, he states a weekend car, seems like alot of miles for a weekend car, and second why would he get a new tranny on a mint looking car unless mechanically its taken a beating. Who knows what shape the engine is in as well.

JChoice, would you do that for me?!
That would be really helpfull. I had a nightmare time today... I drove from San Jose all the way down to LA and back in my '89 MR2. I test drove the BRG one.. the owner really didn't seem to know much about his car.. the engine was not clean and he wouldn't go into too many engine details. My feeling is that he doesn't know too many facts about the car.. He probably just liked looking cool in the car and never really pushed its handling capabilities. In any case, for now, I am going with the BRG NSX. I'll be wiring the money to him sometime next week hopefully. What I would really like, is to have someone else who already owns a NSX compare the two.. I do not have any experience comparing NSXs..
Here is the reason why I say my trip was a nightmare..
On the way home.. 10PM I get a little sleepy and am not concentrating 100%.. All of a sudden SMASH! BLAM! I hit something.. I was going 80-85mph... I get off the freeway at the next truck stop.. my left fender is bent out of shape and half my front spoiler is gone. I believe a chunk of tire came off a semi-truck and slammed into my car.. It was a really nice '89 MR2 too. I'm kinda sad now.. to make matters worse the cops pull me over and give me a sobriety test..

Too weird. I almost bought Ben's green and Tan on April 17th. We had agreed upon a price of $40,500. My loan was approved, I had a copy of his registration and was about to wire the money when I got this phone message: Basically he told me that he got an offer of $42K from abroad and had to take it unless I could match it. It wasn't much more and it was worth it, but it pissed me me off in principal. I didn't want to own a car that belonged to someone that slippery. So I ended getting a 94 Red/Tan from Dallas that was infinitely cleaner in the engine compartment and no scratches. I'm sure Ben is normally a decent guy, but I was put off. A deal is a deal in my book. Verbal or not. It amuses me to see that the car is still for sale.

------------------

I wasn't going to say anything because I try to think the best of people and hoped he'd changed his ways. But after reading the last message from "Flying Low" I have to comment.

I had EXACTLY the same thing happen with some tire certificates Mr. Goldfarb was trying to sell a couple years ago.

It's very funny (sad actually) to see he's pulling the same stunt trying to sell his car... "I have a better offer - match it or the deal's off". Same deal, just different amounts...

Caveat emptor.

Ken,
There is no way I would get the 92 NSX under any circumstances. $62K for a 92 is ridiculous. You could get a 96 or 97 for that price with way less miles and have your hair in the wind (targa). I don't care what he has on the car! Maybe if it came with Carmen Elektra
smile.gif
. You got to think here Ken, before you spend $62K for this car, if you decide to sell it 3 yrs from now, how much do you think you will get? I bet no were near $62K. If you still want the car, I would call the guys at NSX modified to get the gouge on it. As far as the green 94 NSX, I knew a guy in Norfolk, VA who owned the same exact car and had a hard, I mean very hard time selling it! If you plan on keeping the green one for a long time, I would go with it. If you think you might not keep it in the long run, standby for delays in selling it. Green just does not do as good in resale as red, black, and white. My advice would be to continue to shop around.

Wow! I didn't realize that it was $65k! That's totally out of whack!?!?! However, the green one's been on sale for some time. I would do this: Wait and find a better one. Hell, for $65k, I'll sell you my black/black 92 beauty!

Originally posted by Tyus:
Ken,
As far as the green 94 NSX, I knew a guy in Norfolk, VA who owned the same exact car and had a hard, I mean very hard time selling it! If you plan on keeping the green one for a long time, I would go with it. If you think you might not keep it in the long run, standby for delays in selling it. Green just does not do as good in resale as red, black, and white. My advice would be to continue to shop around.

HEY NOW! I've got a 95 Green one!
smile.gif
Hehe, I personally think the green looks better than, common red, black. and white looks like crap!
smile.gif
The only colors that look good are blue, green, yellow, silver. And WOW $65K! You want to buy a 95 NSX Twin Turbo for $65,000?
smile.gif

Attachments

• S2k cluster 2.jpg
    S2k cluster 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1
  • S2k cluster.jpg
    S2k cluster.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20181113_173609.jpg
    20181113_173609.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180111_145406.jpg
    20180111_145406.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 1
  • NSX int driver pic.jpg
    NSX int driver pic.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20181113_161345.jpg
    20181113_161345.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1
Runutzzz, I didn't mean to offend owners with green NSX's. I think green is a cool color too. I am just saying that the guy who had a green NSX had a very hard time selling it. It took him about 4 months to sell it. The owner's green NSX was immaculate! It was just that green seemed in my opinion a color that is hard to sell. I believe they don't even make anymore green NSX's after 1996
frown.gif
. That might be a reason they stop making that particular color. But still, to each is on.

[This message has been edited by Tyus (edited 08 April 2000).]

Attachments

• 20190316_154533.jpg
    20190316_154533.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190316_154040.jpg
    20190316_154040.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190316_154104.jpg
    20190316_154104.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 0
Well, certainly the Black one gets my vote too, but even with 18K worth of mods and excellent condition, $65K is a lot to pay for a car that old. Many cars the same year are selling for $35K and you cna do the $18K worth of mods and still save yourself $12K. If You have $65K, buy a 1997 or newer.

You also have to ask yourself one question here... why would he dump the NSX with all those mods for a Ferrari F355. I have driven a Ferrari 355 and it is weak in comparison to the NSX. about 18 months ago, I had my money down on a 1999 Ferrari 355 and read an article that said... "If you want to impress your neighbors, then buy a Ferrari. If you want to impress yourself, buy an NSX!" Those were some pretty harsh words. But, after almost a year of agonizing, I finally got my money back and bought a 2000 NSX (Yellow/Black) and it is AWESOME! This guy with the black one for sale, obviously wants to impress his neighbors.
smile.gif

While the NSX may be a waste, you should definately get in on the sale of the watercraft with life jackets on the same page.
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51
[email protected]

$62k was _not the asking price for the black '92 with all the mods.. He was asking $40,500. I don't know where you guys got that, but I'm looking at either that one or the Green/Tan '94 for $42k. The only thing that concerns me right now is Ben Goldfarb's reputation. When I went to talk to him, he was somewhat vague about the condition of the engine of his car. I am requesting for him to send me documentation on all the maintanence records.

Flying Low, what do you think about the condition of Ben's car? He had an interesting excuse on why his engine compartment was so dirty. I would think as long as the engine is running properly for an auto with 40k miles on it, the engine could be cleaned off and look like new. There was no aparent fluids or anything visible.

If you follow the link:
http://www.trisoftco.com/nsx/index.html

You find this text. Looks like $65,000 to me.

FOR SALE
Acura NSX Black/Black

Very clean, 47K PAMPERED miles, driven on weekends only
always covered in the garage, well maintained, changed oil every 3000 miles.
Serviced regularly by NSX modified.

• Updated high output transmission (brand new)
• Comptech racing clutch
•18" AVS rims
• 285-35-18 Back & 225-35-18 Front tires
• Cross drilled rotors
• HKS intake system,
• Comptech exhaust system
• Comptech headers
• D2 Suspension system
• Momo pedals,
• Schroth 5 point racing harness seatbelts
• Acura hands free car phone
• CD changer
•lots of extras, over $18K in mods.

Sharper and Faster than your ordinary NSX.

Asking $65,000.00 OBO.

I'm selling my NSX because I'm getting a Ferrari F355 spider.
This NSX is well maintained (this is my baby).

That guy must be crazy to want 65K,especially with over 40K miles. He must need the extra change for all the repair bills the Ferrari will give him.

40,500? Well then, I think the consensus would be Black and Black.

And I'm still wondering by the Goldfarb NSX has been on sale for as long as it has been. I've seen it for sale since Sept/Oct 99.

WOW!, that must have changed recently, because last time I checked it, it was at $40,500. Maybe someone offered a lot more for the car or something. In anycase, I am still considering to buy the Green/Tan NSX, that I test drove last week. I am very concerned that he has had the car for sale for several months now.

JCchoice and kenjiRM, as I said before, 'GREEN IS A HARD COLOR TO SALE'. The green 94 NSX is probably in excellent condition but once gain you guys can see that goldfarb has been trying to sell it since Sept 99. Proof is definetly in the pudding here. kenjiRM if I liked green I would buy it too. I would have the car sent to an ACURA dealership (or equivalent) and have it inspected. If the inspection is sat, then there is no need to worry if it is a lemon or not. Also, if it is a sat inspection then I was probably right about the color. If the inspection is unsat then I was wrong about the car's color being a reason it was on sale since Sept 99.

Tyvus:

It looks like it's been on sale for over a year now! And I'm with you, I would never even consider a Green NSX but to each their own.

On the same note, Lud's car has been on sale for a very long time but we all know he's a good guy.
smile.gif

Lud's car has been for sale because Lud and I are both "Geographically Challenged". We are 4.5 hours drive away from anything resembling civilization. If Lud were in the DC area, the car would have been gone long ago. For the record, it is a wonderful example of a pristine '91 with radical mods that is hard to find. It is also a great deal at the price it is going for.
wink.gif

Back