• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Popping/Static noise when taking key out...

Whenever I take the key out which would also cut power to the radio, I get a popping/static type noise coming out of somewhere on the right side or center console.

Kinda sounds like a blown speaker type noise, but it sounds fine when the volume is turned up. Also it happens every once in a while during driving..any ideas?

Sorry for the thread jack, but I'm now getting the same thing. No problem with the stock headunit, but I JUST installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3, and now get a THUMP from the speakers (stock bose amps/speakers, all three rebuilt by Brain all within the last 18-24 months) when I turn the key to off. Running line out (not amplified stereo power) to the amps, powering up the amp power relay with the AVICs' amp trigger signal wire (not the power antenna wire). This is new as of the AVIC install. As I'm waiting for my center console to come back from Highline, I'll try putting the stock deck back in to see if it stills thumps. Magic eight ball says no...

Ideas?

Last edited:
Back