• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche Boxter Forum

I own both a Boxster S and an NSX...Guess I love mid-engined cars.
smile.gif

The best Boxster Board is Porsche Pete's Boxster Board, and it is at www.986board.com

Mike O- so what do you think of the Boxter-S? i am debating over that or a nsx, tho i am heavily leaning towards the nsx but i love the porsche. i know there are gonna be some biased people here if i were to ask because hey this a NSX forum....I will most likely get an NSX but i wish i could have both..you wanna trade a lexus GS3 with 19's for the boxter??.. hehe erick

What do I think of the Boxster S?

I think it is one of the best sports cars I've ever owned, and that company includes not only my NSX, but a '93 Viper RT/10, a '96 Viper GTS, a Pantera GT5, an '88 Porsche 930 Turbo Cab, a '98 Porsche C2S, etc. It is an incredibly well balanced machine.

There's a reason most car magazines tout the Boxster S as the standard by which others are judged.

The one thing I'd say though is that it is best to buy a Boxster S used, if possible. I did buy new and got a $6880 discount (albeit in January of this year with snow on the ground and the economy in the dumps from 9/11). My '02 S listed at $59,380 and I paid $52,500. Used '00 S's are bringing only about $40,000 right now, making it a very nice car for the money.

Performance and handling are very comparable between my 22,000 mile '91 NSX and my Boxster S, but the Boxster S has a bit more low end torque than the NSX.

true true.. the nsx is exotic.. that's the main reason i am leaning towards it. but beauty is in the eye off the beholder. I dont think that a boxster is just some regular ole car. as Mike O said you can buy a near new 2000 for 40k or a 93-94 for the same price. so a newer car or a 9 year old car for the same price.. no argurment here. I love the NSX but i have always like the boxster. some people like Hummers but I think those things are fugly.. thanks Mike-O

Originally posted by ERICKGS3:
I love the NSX but i have always like the boxster.

Well you just said it right there. 'Loving' something is different from just 'liking' it.
Obviously something inside you elicits a deeper emotion toward the Acura.

Back