• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche Video

I saw this video before. Read somewhere that the day before it had rained at the track and the runoff area was very damp. Where he slid off there was grass. Once the wheels left the track, they dug into the grass and mud with the car's momentum taking care of the rest.

I believe the car in the video was a Subaru and not a Porsche.

I remember this video from a few years back also. My recollection is that it's a Subaru also. Once the spin starts it's hard to hear any engine noise so determining the driver's input is difficult. If it is an AWB Subaru I would think he could have been able to steer a bit better with the throttle, but driving it off straight wold have been the better choice to take it off course.

Imho, classic rookie mistake... when confidence exceeds one's talent and going-in too hot while turning-in too soon (early apex). What he should have done? gone slower and wider instead of trying to keep up with or catching up the Porsche (which took a far better line).

Back