• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Possible Clutch Problems

I need some help, guys. This morning when I hopped in my car, I noticed a lot of "play" in the clutch pedal. It would go in about half way before I felt the tension to engage it. When I got to the office and turned the car off, I used my hand to try and push it in and the tension seemed to return. Am I about to have some serious clutch problems? I'm a newbie (had the car about a month) and its a '97 with relatively low mileage (54k). No problems were detected in the prepurchase at an Acura store (in fact they said it was a super clean car). I hadn't had a manual in years and so thought it might be my driving style. Any advice would be helpful!

sounds like a clutch hydraulic problem,leaking somewhere?, when the pedal gets low and spongy its a good sign that air has gotten into the system and thats most commonly caused buy the level getting low and the master sucking air in thru the almost empty fluid resiviour...JZ

Back